question

antiquer0010 avatar image
0 Likes"
antiquer0010 asked ·

How Might I Get the Finding API Quick Start Sample Application to Work?

How Might I Get the Finding API Quick Start Sample Application to Work? Hello All! I'm new to the eBay developer program. I have some coding experience, not an expert, and often will try 100 things, watch videos, and try/fail/try again to figure something out. Asking for folks time is often a last resort, as I very much respect their time and also enjoy figuring things out. Could you offer any insight, please, on where I can find example Finding API code that I can learn from/build on? Here's the background on the eBay resources I have tried: **Quick Start Sample Application** Anyway, I've come full circle and would greatly appreciate any insight you can share. After signing up for eBay dev program, I tried the Quick Start Sample Application for the Finding API ( https://developer.ebay.com/quickstartguide/sample/js/default.aspx?index=0). On clicking the Execute button, nothing was returned. Checking Console, there were many errors. **Finding API Javascript Tutorial** I've been able to pass a test url through a REST client to verify calling the Prod Finding API (with my App ID works), though unable to start with a code sample I can continue to learn from/build on. Following this Javascript sample code tutorial from eBay ( https://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/finding/HowTo/GettingStarted_JS_NV_JSON/GettingStarted_JS_NV_JSON.html), and adding in my Production AppID, returns a Loading failed for the script error in Console. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or direction, I'm happy to spend time digging into things on my own, just stuck as the two main resources I've seen that serve as working examples, for some reason aren't working for me thus far. Thanks!
finding-apifindingapigetting startedquick start sample application
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
1 Like"
clickimusprime answered ·
The javascript example and all javascript code in the field based on it, were rendered non-functional without warning by an update to the servers at the start of October. We believe as part of the HTTPS conversion. Since then eBay has only stated that they consider it to be an insecure way to access the API. Which it always has been. Yet the example code persists.
·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

antiquer0010 avatar image
0 Likes"
antiquer0010 answered ·
Oh wow, thank you! That would explain so much, and why the different things I was trying kept bumping into issues. I'll check into the other approaches to calling the API. I really appreciate the input
·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.