question

wiki1913 avatar image
0 Likes"
wiki1913 asked ·

Shopping API SSL Error via HTTPS

Not sure if a Python problem or API/SSL issue. I'm using requests to access the Shopping API via HTTPS and getting a JSON response. I make plenty of successful API calls, but then occasionally I am getting the following errors: ssl.SSLError: [SSL: SSLV3_ALERT_HANDSHAKE_FAILURE] sslv3 alert handshake failure (_ssl.c:1056) urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=' open.api.ebay.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=' open.api.ebay.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: I am using OpenSSL 1.1.0j 20 Nov 2018 Thanks in advance for any help.
shopping-apisslv3
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wiki1913 avatar image
0 Likes"
wiki1913 answered ·
Hi @eram_developersupport - I thought I would update you on my findings. Using [SSLLabs to test the open.api.ebay.com][1] I found that 66.135.203.169 has problems. I have changed my code to contact the 66.135.203.201 server only and now everything works for me. Please can you let me know if/when .169 is fixed so I can change my code to not use only one server. [1]: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=open.api.ebay.com

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wiki1913 avatar image
0 Likes"
wiki1913 answered ·
Hi @eram_developersupport - thanks for the quick response. Here is my call: https://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetMultipleItems&responseencoding=JSON&appid=XXX&siteid=3&version=967&ItemID=401552771520,123192243960&includeSelector=Details,Variations When I enter the HTTPS into my browser, I am also getting an error: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH Does the Shopping API no longer support SSL? Should I use TLS 1.2 or higher? Edit - I changed my code to make the call via TLS 1.2 and I still got the same error.

eram_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
eram_developersupport answered ·
Hi @wiki1913, Could you please provide a sample request so that I can check from my end? Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.