question

jeltecholsters avatar image
0 Likes"
jeltecholsters asked

Is API as impossible as it seems

All I want to do is something very simple. I want to just use the API explorer to test getItem. After some painful searching I think I need to first create an item in the sandbox. After MORE painful searching I found discussion that says to use this url to create an item, but the darn thing doesn't seem to work...it just spins after submit for a really long time. https://bulksell.sandbox.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SingleList&sellingMode=AddItem
additemgetitem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
You're doing it the (very) hard way. Instead, use GetSingleItem in the Shopping API. Use it in Production, not Sandbox, and pick any live eBay item to test.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jeltecholsters avatar image
0 Likes"
jeltecholsters answered
Yup...that is exactly what I ended up doing. I'm so thankful I don't want to do anything more involved. I've figured out how to get all items in my store and individual item details.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.