question

jeltecholsters avatar image
0 Likes"
jeltecholsters asked ·

Is API as impossible as it seems

All I want to do is something very simple. I want to just use the API explorer to test getItem. After some painful searching I think I need to first create an item in the sandbox. After MORE painful searching I found discussion that says to use this url to create an item, but the darn thing doesn't seem to work...it just spins after submit for a really long time. https://bulksell.sandbox.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SingleList&sellingMode=AddItem
additemgetitem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
You're doing it the (very) hard way. Instead, use GetSingleItem in the Shopping API. Use it in Production, not Sandbox, and pick any live eBay item to test.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jeltecholsters avatar image
0 Likes"
jeltecholsters answered ·
Yup...that is exactly what I ended up doing. I'm so thankful I don't want to do anything more involved. I've figured out how to get all items in my store and individual item details.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.