question

biggie_smalls987 avatar image
0 Likes"
biggie_smalls987 asked ·

Cannot create a user token manually or via UI

I am unable to create a user token (auth code flow) by exchanging the verification code manually, using both Postman and the python ouath sdk. I am also unable to get a token using the development page for my app. I am seeing other users with similar issues. Is there an ongoing issue with the api?
oauth2token api unauthorized400invalid client
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

crowdrender avatar image
0 Likes"
crowdrender answered ·
I've had similar problems to the OP. I've managed to somehow get the User tokens for production and sandbox. This failed until now, but hey, they're finally appearing, I still get an error occasionally when pages in the developer.ebay.com load. So, I have token, they don't work, I made sure I used the sandbox user token in the API explorer (), and had the Environment set to sandbox, then tried with production user token, same result. Seems the tokens are incorrect, I get a 401, unauthorised error.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sirenimports avatar image
0 Likes"
sirenimports answered ·
Yes, it is working now. Thank you. I guess it was a temporary outage. It started working without me changing anything.

sanjeev_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjeev_developersupport answered ·
Hi @Anton, We checked and on our end, it is working fine. Could you please check again and let us know if you are still facing the issue. Best Regards ![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/2429-grant-application-access.png

sirenimports avatar image
0 Likes"
sirenimports answered ·
Hello, I have exactly the same problem in PRODUCTION when trying to get a user token. I am using JAVA library to generate the authorization URL: https://auth.ebay.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=AntonRuk-mEkhWPqL-PRD-73882c1d0-86e30bd0&response_type=code&redirect_uri=Anton_Rukhlin-AntonRuk-mEkhWP-rirvijrm&scope=https://api.ebay.com/oauth/api_scope/sell.fulfillment.readonly&state=current-page When I visit that URL, the server responds with an error: {"error_id":"temporarily_unavailable","error_description":"The authorization server is currently unable to handle the request.","http_status_code":500} Am I doing something wrong? Anton

ankit_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
ankit_developersupport answered ·
Hi @biggie_smalls987 , Please try again and contact with us if you facing the same issue. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

0 Likes"
biggie_smalls987 answered ·
Thank you for your reponse. I just made a production key and have similar issues. I can create a valid auth link manually and get an auth code from it, but getting the same errors. When trying to use the development page to get a temporary user token, I now get this error: {"error_id":"temporarily_unavailable","error_description":"The authorization server is currently unable to handle the request.","http_status_code":500} No auth code is given in the url.

eram_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
eram_developersupport answered ·
Hi @biggie_smalls987 , We apologize for the inconvenience, as the sandbox currently does have some deficiencies. We understand this is causing frustration and may be blocking you from testing. So we suggest using production to test if applicable. Please ensure you adhere to these best practices when testing in production. Also for reference here are our supported features for sandbox. Thank you for your patience. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

0 Likes"
biggie_smalls987 answered ·
For some reason my replies and comments to you are not saving. I am using the sandbox. If I use the dev UI to get a token, I get a 400 after granting access to my app but I do see the auth code in the URL. I cannot exchange this code for a token. I get "server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request" in Postman, and "exchange_code_for_access_token: Unable to retrieve token. Status code: 401 - ('unauthorized',)" when using the python oauth SDK (forked for python3 support). To the best of my knowledge both Postman and my script using the SDK are configured correctly according to your docs.

eram_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
eram_developersupport answered ·
Hi @biggie_smalls987 , Provide your environment you are using either Sandbox or Production. Provide the steps you are following and error you are getting. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.