question

ambgao_0 avatar image
0 Likes"
ambgao_0 asked

Can we use the same Oauth scopes for different grant types? i.e. client_credentials and authorization code

Hi Team, I read about the following in the developer docs: ***Not all API methods support access via Application access tokens. In general, mainly GET requests support access via Application access tokens. But, if a method supports any scope that allows access via an Application access token, then you can use that scope when minting tokens.*** Does it mean that we need to use different grant flows to make use of different resources? Kindly acknowledge. Thanks, Ambika
ebay-apiaccess tokenoauth scopes
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
ambgao_0 avatar image
0 Likes"
ambgao_0 answered
@sanjeev_developersupport Ebay supports authorization code flow and client credentials flow. Each of these grant types support different scopes I believe. Also I read the following in the Ebay documentation. *Not all API methods support access via Application access tokens. In general, mainly GET requests support access via Application access tokens. But, if a method supports any scope that allows access via an Application access token, then you can use that scope when minting tokens.* Does it mean that we need to use different grant flows(i.e. authorization code flow or client credentials flow) to make use of different resources?
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.