question

qsopc avatar image
0 Likes"
qsopc asked ·

I keep getting 1.21 IP limit exceeded error while using GetSingleItem Call

After about 1100 records using GetSingleItem call to get ItemSpecifics, I keep getting the 1.21 IP limit exceeded error. In thinking I was reaching the max calls (because you cant seem to view Finding or Shopping API calls in the reports) I applied to get approval for the Compatible App Check, but was denied because my calls were not that high. So I assume that was not the reason. I found some others with the similar problem, and apparently there is a calls/sec or /minute rate to stay under. So i tried putting in a 2 second delay as suggest by ebay support, but I still get the same error. Please help!
getsingleitemip limit exceeded1.21
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eram_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
eram_developersupport answered ·
Hi @qsopc, I am sorry, but there is no way for us to increase the short rate limit for GetMultipleItems. If you plan to make GetSingleItems call (with on short rate limit) and need API call limit increase, you can file an application compatible check with us: https://developer.ebay.com/support/app-check You have to implement delays between GetMultipleItems API requests to comply with eBay rate limit policies. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

qsopc avatar image
0 Likes"
qsopc answered ·
@eram_developersupport - any advice on how I can get this to work without triggering the limits?

qsopc avatar image
0 Likes"
qsopc answered ·
@eram_developersupport, Thanks. That is kind of what I figured was happening, but even putting in a 2 second delay between calls, it still seems to be triggering the limit, but it does run slightly longer than it did before. What do you recommend?

0 Likes"
Hi @qsopc, Despite the error message 'IP limit...', your GetSingleItem API requests were blocked for the Rate Limit set for GetSingleItem per AppID. For some API calls, such as GetMultipleItems in the Shopping API, eBay employs short duration rate limits to protect eBay systems from excessive loads or attacks. These safeguards are applied to all third-party applications, regardless of whether they have passed the Compatible Application Check, or not. If your application exceeds the short-term threshold, your GetSingleItem is blocked for the rest of the day. Due to security concerns, eBay does not document the thresholds for the short duration safeguards. If your application triggers the rate limit error for a given call, you should stop using the call for 24 hours to let the counter reset. When you resume use of the call, ensure you use a lower call rate (e.g., fewer than 10 calls/second) to avoid triggering another block. eBay has made no changes to rate limits, but a recent bug fix may have resulted in more consistent enforcement of the existing rate limits, including the short duration safeguards. Please implement delays between GetSingleItem API requests to comply with eBay rate limit policies Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

qsopc avatar image
0 Likes"
qsopc answered ·
@sanjeev_developersupport , The calls have not been made since I keep getting that error. I just tried again today, and got the same error.

sanjeev_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjeev_developersupport answered ·
Hi @qsopc, We checked but didn't find any GetSingleItem call usage in last 7 days. please check and let us know if you still get the issue. Best Regards eBay Developer Support

qsopc avatar image
0 Likes"
qsopc answered ·
Hi @eram_developersupport. My login is qsopc.

0 Likes"
Hi @qsopc, Provide your eBay user Developer name,so that I can cross check the details. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.