question

carlkoba avatar image
5 Likes"
carlkoba asked ·

GetItemTransactions cannot return TransactionArray from another seller

It works for years when I want to see the transactions of another seller. But I found it only returns my own transactions now, cannot retrieve other sellers' transactions any longer. It can retrieve item information, but no transaction when I use below codes for other sellers' item. It works well for my own items. What can I do? from ebaysdk.trading import Connection as Trading api = Trading(config_file='config/carlkoba.yaml') response = api.execute('GetItemTransactions', {'ItemID': '163789448529'}) print(response.dict())
pythongetitemtransactionsebaysdk-pythontransactionarray
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

muraba2 avatar image
3 Likes"
muraba2 answered ·
@eram_developersupport no, documentation say 1 thing, but from this morning its changed

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eram_developersupport avatar image
2 Likes"
eram_developersupport answered ·
Hi @together.we.are.better @ohadaha5, We would like to assure you that we are currently working on the resolution of this case. Meanwhile, you can follow below link to check the status of case resolution: [ https://developer.ebay.com/support/api-status][1] Best Regards eBay Developer Support [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/support/api-status

davi-251056 avatar image
1 Like"
davi-251056 answered ·
@eram_developersupport When a bunch of different developers are telling you that you are wrong, there is a great chance you are wrong! I've just discovered too that this call does no longer work **as it has been working before**. To that you replied: "*The GetItemTransactions is functioning as expected. In order to retrieve transactional data you must be an authenticated caller that is either the buyer or seller of the transaction.*" **Very wrong.** I can send you a bunch of output data showing that I made such calls without being a seller or a buyer. And eBay's own API documentation clearly states that it is the GetSellerTransactions, And NOT GetItemTransactions which requires you to be the seller. **The API docs clearly say that with GetItemTransactions one can get Another's seller's transaction.** Here's a screenshot: ![alt text][1] **So get your facts correct** - This thread was opened over 2 months ago and you guys did NOTHING to resolve this and instead kept giving the wrong canned responses. Shame on you. **Do you realize that the API was built in order for developers to use it so that eBay - the company which pays your salary will be able to monetize such API usage?!** From your response, it doesn't seem like that at all. API support does not exist to do us a favor. It exists first and foremost for eBay's own good. So go ahead and let us know WHEN is this going to be resolved. Otherwise we are going to escalate this to someone who actually cares about eBay's revenue. [1]: /storage/temp/2468-getitem-trading.png

getitem-trading.png (81.8 KiB)

d13mon2 avatar image
1 Like"
d13mon2 answered ·
@jourbandts 1. If all was fine with GetItemTransactions and if it worked always as expected, no question was asked. All developers who used GetItemTransactions with TransactionArray a lot knows it worked fine for months/years and it returned the TransactionArray if an authenticated caller wasn't neither the buyer nor seller of the transaction. We are not first-time this API callers and probably used this functionality in our applications. So we want to know what happened. 2. > As a result, going forward, you will > need to be an authenticated caller > that is either the buyer or seller to > access transaction data. Is your reply an official ebay support reply or a private opinion? If first, then 2 questiions: a) Why this fact is not described in official documentation of GetItemTransactions? For example, I can read about this requirement for GetOrders, but there is no single word about 'must be buyer or seller' in GetItemTransactions docs. b) What is the replacement of this functionality now in RESTful APIs or any other traditional APIs? I want to receive a public information for order lines (transactions) for specific item (listing) as I can do the same on eBay website and I not buyer and not seller of this item. If second then I would like to hear from eBay support team. It's looks like a bug becouse it's real bug. Each developer knows when some functionality suddenly (with next build/release) stops working or changes the behavior and this fact is not described in the documentation or in the release notes then it's called BUG. And bugs are need to be fixed. So in this case please pass the bug report to someone qualified in this question.

a1live avatar image
1 Like"
a1live answered ·
We want to hear, why GetItemTransactions returned all TransactionArray for any item before this November (or maybe before last 3 days) and has stopped to return it recently. Example from eBay API Test tool: see the attachment ![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/2388-getitemtransactions.jpg My eBay developer application is depends from properly work of this API.

boddies avatar image
1 Like"
boddies answered ·
@eram_developersupport - doesn't really answer the question. This is a 'feature' that was working until a few days ago and has now stopped working. So either it should never have worked and you've now fixed it, or its a bug. Either way it should be mentioned in the release notes. Its not good enough to just say 'this is not an issue' !

eram_developersupport avatar image
1 Like"
eram_developersupport answered ·
Hi @together.we.are.better @ohadaha5, We would like to assure you that we are currently working on the resolution of this case. Meanwhile, you can follow below link to check the status of case resolution: [ https://developer.ebay.com/support/api-status][1] Best Regards eBay Developer Support [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/support/api-status

boddies avatar image
0 Likes"
boddies answered ·
ebay still ignoring us and hoping we'll go away?

dobeste avatar image
0 Likes"
dobeste answered ·
we want to know the reason why this function is stop, because at the same time, the following link is public in ebay to anyone , still return same contents as the getitemtranscations api do. say in another words , it still working. https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=anyitemid&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

boddies avatar image
0 Likes"
boddies answered ·
@jourbandts - so GetItemTransactions has changed then! Why couldn't you just say that in the first place rather than pretending that its always been like that? Also how come it isn't mentioned in the API release notes?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.