question

spucky2 avatar image
0 Likes"
spucky2 asked ·

FixedPrice Auction w/o Inventory API

Hi, I am running an application that connects an erp to ebay adding items with specific attributes to ebay as fixed price auction. Fixed price auction allows just GTC - so after aprox 30 days the auction will be ended by eBay and re-listed automatically. When this happens it oftens comes to an issue when my sync job runs as the API allows to add duplicated items which lead into deactivation of all auctions already (no one from eBay DE was able to explain what had happened and whom to contact.) Is there any solution or way forward that would solve my problem? TY
fixedpriceitemgtcduplicate listingsviolation
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

spucky2 avatar image
0 Likes"
spucky2 answered ·
Yeah, you are right. I am not using the field item.UUID ..as it is not mandatory. I have unique itemcodes that are coming from SAP, so basically I could use the itemcode value for UUID and I would be set. I will add this field to my dev and see if it fixes my issue. Do you see any inconveniance when loading GTC auctions to ebay when ebay is renewing them? With other words - may there be an issue when both tasks (eBay renewing GTC auctions, me loading new auctions) runs at the same time? Would like to have a setup that would ensure not to load any duplicated items whatsoever may happen. Thank you for your feedback

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eram_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
eram_developersupport answered ·
Hi @spucky2, We explore and found that may you forgotten to implement UUID which causes API allowed to add duplicate items. REF: [Item.UUID][1] Hope the above will help you!!! Feel free to contact us for further query. Best Regards, eBay Developer Support [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/RelistFixedPriceItem.html#Request.Item.UUID

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.