question

todddixon55pd avatar image
0 Likes"
todddixon55pd asked ·

Trading API 'street1' returning rubbish data

Hi all. Can't seem to find reference to this problem elsewhere so... Have a ebay database system working perfectly for 2 years. On the 4th Nov all was well. On the 5th the customers **Street1** address field started displaying entries like these examples Ebay:Mnydlxb Ebay:Nnxzmgd Ebay:Dny47jx It was different for each user. The real Street1 was showing in Street2 and what scares me the most is what on earth happened to Street2 because city, state etc. are all fine? So I said to myself, this is not me, so I looked at the get verbose result and it was there, directly from eBay! ebay:knxtws3 Furk! But wait, as I am typing this, I realise I forgot to manually check the ebay.com.au Order Details and it's there too, in the postage label section. So it's not at the API level. I'm off to have a chat with regular tech support. I am guessing I'll leave this post here and perhaps add to it when I have finished my chat. Curious to see if anyone else has the issue. :-)
incorrect data returned get ebay verbose
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
todddixon55pd avatar image
0 Likes"
todddixon55pd answered ·
It's not rubbish data. It has been inserted by Australia Post for reference/tracking. So where does street2 go too? There is no street3. Do they insert a carriage return at the end of street2 and add the original street2? I don't like the idea at all. Seems to advertise to a potential mail thief that I am worth something (like ebay packing tape) and is no worth if it is being sent untracked! Sigh. Massaging my data for now to remove it until I am more comfortable and am keeping an eye out for what is happening to my old street2!
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.