question

matja2460 avatar image
0 Likes"
matja2460 asked ·

Your application has exceeded usage limit on this call

Hi, I'm currently trying to migrate about 6000 old listings from Trading API to the Inventory API with /sell/inventory/v1/bulk_migrate_listing I first imported the listings via Trading api and now I get the following error. Your application has exceeded usage limit on this call, please make call to GetAPIAccessRules to check your call usage. According to the API Calls Limit page I can do 2m calls with an "not compatible application" which would be more than enough. Is there a way to increase the call limit to the mentioned 2m? *dev-acc: pc-mjacob* thanks in advance, Mathias Jacob
trading apiinventory apiapi call limits
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanjeev_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjeev_developersupport answered ·
Hi @matja2460, Please update your profile and under the app-check tab, fill the details and submit it. Best Regards eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

matja2460 avatar image
0 Likes"
matja2460 answered ·
Hi @sanjeev_developersupport **Edit**: nevermind, I misinterpreted the "active premium support". I didn't know I had to active account in profile details. *thank you for the reply. When I follow the link, I get an "- Activate premium support for any contact on your Profile & Contacts page" message.* best regards, Mathias Jacob

sanjeev_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjeev_developersupport answered ·
Hi @matja2460, Sorry for the late reply. Yes, you need to file an app check because of hitting the call limits. As you said " It's an addon for our custom pim system/middleware" still you can file an app check ticket which is free. https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets?tab=app-check Best Regards eBay Developer Support

matja2460 avatar image
0 Likes"
matja2460 answered ·
Hi @eram_developersupport, thank you for the explanation. That's bad, because we don't have an app we can handle in for check. It's an addon for our custom pim system/middleware. We checked the usage data and all calls are made through the Trading API. The calls are like ReviseFixedPriceItem and ReviseInventoryStatus even if we are just using "bulk_create_or_replace_inventory_item" and "bulk_update_price_quantity". On the other side, the Inventory and Fulfillment API shows "no usage data found" for the last 24 hours. To be clear, if we don't request an app check we are unable to use the eBay API because of hitting the call limits? best regards, Mathias Jacob

eram_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
eram_developersupport answered ·
Hi @matja2460, For most RESTful Sell APIs, Inventory and Fulfillment and a few others, these APIs use Trading API on the back end. So when getting this error without reaching even close to the limits it is Trading API you are hitting. Have you file an app check and we can increase the Trading API limit for you. Best Regards eBay Developer Support

0 Likes"
Hi @matja2460, Sorry, my bad that I unable to understand what you want to say but now I got it. You are correct Inventory API has default limit of 2 M/day but let me know that you are also using Trading API. If yes, did you have an increased volume of Trading API? If no, then you will not allow using those 2 M/day of Inventory API. No, there is no other way except Compatible Application Check to get increased calls of any API. Best Regards eBay Developer Support

matja2460 avatar image
0 Likes"
matja2460 answered ·
Hi @eram_developersupport thank you for you respond. So you indicate the inventory api do not have the 2 million calls per day, like mentioned on the [api calls limit page][1]? It is 5.000 calls per day like the old Trading api? We thought the api call limit would be 2 millions which is more than enough. Is there no way to get those 2 million calls for inventory api instead of the 5000 limit without apply for the compatible app? best regards, Mathias Jacob [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/support/api-call-limits

0 Likes"
Hi @matja2460 , If you need higher call limits, you can complete our free Compatible Application Check, to verify that your application is adhering to eBay's API License Agreement, and that you've made the most efficient use of the APIs you've implemented. The app check is a free service that the eBay Developers Program provides to its members. Open a new Compatible App Check form. You'll hear back from us with 3 - 5 business days. We may have additional questions but overall the process should be complete in 5 - 7 business days provided. [Apply for Application Check][1] Best Regards eBay developer Support [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets?tab=app-check

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.