question

ekaribu avatar image
0 Likes"
ekaribu asked ·

GetOrders: BuyerTaxIdentifier not shown/returned

Hi, Using ebaysdk trading api wrapper for Python 3.7.3 I'm doing a GetOrders call like this: response = api.execute('GetOrders', {'DetailLevel':'ReturnAll', 'NumberOfDays':30}) I don't get BuyerTaxIdentifier as described in https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/getorders.html#Response.OrderArray.Order.BuyerTaxIdentifier I mainly work with italian customers so that's why I need their BuyerTaxIdentifier (aka codice fiscale). What I'm missing? Have to say that with response = api.execute('GetSellerTransactions', {'IncludeCodiceFiscale': True}) I have it straight away Any hint? Best regards, ekaribu P.S; I tried search on forum but search seems to have some issues atm (crash)
apitrading apigetorderspythonebaysdkcodicefiscale
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eram_developersupport avatar image
1 Like"
eram_developersupport answered ·
Hi @ekaribu, We have checked some production Orders for Italy buyers and we have confirmed that BuyerTaxIdentifier container as below is getting returned in GetOrders API with no issue. <BuyerTaxIdentifier> <Type>CodiceFiscale</Type> <ID>xxxxxxx</ID> </BuyerTaxIdentifier> We need more information to triage the report and it would be best to file a support ticket as we need seller UserID, OrderID, etc. It is one time payable after that you can file Support Ticket for any further bug. [Premium Support][1] Best Regards eBay Developer Support [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eram_developersupport avatar image
1 Like"
eram_developersupport answered ·
Hi @ekaribu, We apologize for the inconvenience. We would like to assure you that we are currently working on the resolution of this case. Your patience is sincerely appreciated and as soon as there is any development on the matter we will contact you again. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Best Regards eBay Developer Support

ekaribu avatar image
0 Likes"
ekaribu answered ·
Found out, by default sdk used a very old API version. Switched to 1129 and it works. Thanks everybody for support. ekaribu

ekaribu avatar image
0 Likes"
ekaribu answered ·
@eram_developersupport I tried using API without python wrapper and got all informations. I'll get back this issue to ebaysdk for python developer @jcz9109 Try direct call (e.g. using Postman) it is working to me now Best regards, ekaribu

ekaribu avatar image
0 Likes"
ekaribu answered ·
Anyway @eram_developersupport @sanjeev_developersupport @sagar_developersupport Looks like you are ignoring this topic, am I wrong?

ekaribu avatar image
0 Likes"
ekaribu answered ·
@jcz9109 From my side I'm using GetSellerTransactions', {'IncludeCodiceFiscale': True} (without 'DetailLevel':'ReturnAll') daily since a long time and I get all codice fiscale of italian customers. Best regards, ekaribu

jcz9109 avatar image
0 Likes"
jcz9109 answered ·
I have tried GetSellerTransactions', {'IncludeCodiceFiscale': True, 'DetailLevel':'ReturnAll'} - Codice Fiscale is listed only for 1 customer and that one is from Germany & site is Germany (which probably shouldn't even happen) and the value is "Non Codice Fiscale" - tried the same for following month and got those same entries for US, UK, Germany ... 0 entries for Italy - Again no BuyerTaxIdentifier element present at all (and it should just like with those other commands according to docs) so as far as I can tell none of the 3 commands work as they should

ekaribu avatar image
0 Likes"
ekaribu answered ·
@jcz9109 The fastest work-around is doing a second API call: 'GetSellerTransactions', {'IncludeCodiceFiscale': True} Like this you get codice fiscale but it costs time especially if you have lots of transactions. @eram_developersupport @sanjeev_developersupport @sagar_developersupport Could you please check why ('GetOrders', {'DetailLevel':'ReturnAll'} is not returning codice fiscale as described in kb? Best regards, ekaribu

jcz9109 avatar image
0 Likes"
jcz9109 answered ·
We are using custom PHP code (different from OP), so it's clearly not a matter of technologies on our side

jcz9109 avatar image
0 Likes"
jcz9109 answered ·
We have the same problem, and it's quite urgent - Buyers are from Italy - DetailLevel = ReturnAll - Api level = 1127 (returned 1129) ... should be present since 879 Tried both GetOrders and GetOrderTransactions - no BuyerTaxIdentifier anywhere in the response data According to docs &amp;quot;It is now required that buyers registered on the Italy site provide their Codice Fiscale ID (similar to the Social Security Number for US citizens) before buying an item on the Italy site.&amp;quot; so they should probably have it In case it's not possible to query via API, is there another way to get the tax identifier data? Ideally other than just asking the customer that is Thank you

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.