question

lonestarbird avatar image
0 Likes"
lonestarbird asked

Finding API return different number of listings for the same time frame

Hi! When I make two identical FindItemsByCategory or FindItemsByKeywords with the same StartTimeFrom and StartTimeTo parameters (lets say 5 and 6 minutes from now) with 1-2 minutes delay between each call, why I'm getting different number on listed items? Is those new items became immediately available once they are listed, or it can take some time for them to became accessible trough API call? And if it a second, then how long it may take, to make sure, that call for specific time frame will return all listings for this period?
finding
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
1 Like"
clickimusprime answered

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
lonestarbird answered
Thanks. Bummer.

0 Likes"
lonestarbird answered
in lieu of previous questions about search request and time frame for items being published and available for api requests - by performing periodic rolling requests, that query listings for time window of last, lets say 10-15 minutes, and staying under approved number of api calls, will this usage patter raise any concerns from dev team and what is they recommended design pattern for use case, when api user want to search for specific item terms? I will greatly appreciate dev team for any guidance on the subject.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.