question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
2 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

Invalid Sandbox Keys -- Can't log in to create User Token

I think I'm having the problem that others had in regards to getting a bad set of keys.  I can't seem to link my sandbox account my regular ebay account.  It keeps stating that my password is incorrect.  Can someone help me get a new set of keys?

user-token
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dpr_seller avatar image
1 Like"
dpr_seller answered ·
I think I'm having the same problem... I go to https://developer.ebay.com/my/auth/?env=sandbox∈dex=0 and under User Tokens I try to use Sign in to Sandbox, which brings me to the sandbox login page. I enter my testuser_dpr and the password, but I always get the Oops, that's not a match message. I created a second testuser using slow-mo password entry to make sure I got it right, but I get the same result. So right now I'm stuck. Is there another way to generate a user token? Thanks!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
1 Like"
jourbandts answered ·

Not quite sure what you are trying to do here?  What do you mean you are trying to link your sandbox account with your regular account? 

Without knowing the exact issue, it sounds like you are trying to generate a token using the wrong credentials.  When creating a token, both production and sandbox are separate.  So if you need to create a sandbox token for a user, you must use a sandbox eBay user when redirected to the eBay sign in flow,

Answer Title: How to create an eBay Sandbox account ?
Answer Link: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=2053

dpr_seller avatar image
0 Likes"
dpr_seller answered ·
Looks like it's fixed. Happy tokening and thanks to the EBay staff!

dpr_seller avatar image
0 Likes"
dpr_seller answered ·
Looks like it's fixed. Happy tokening and thanks to the EBay staff!

dpr_seller avatar image
0 Likes"
dpr_seller answered ·
There are two tickets on the API status page ( https://go.developer.ebay.com/api-status), so I hope somebody is working on it...

kigers-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
kigers-0 answered ·
I've been having the same problem all day. Is there any update from ebay on this?

mining4treasures23 avatar image
0 Likes"
mining4treasures23 answered ·
@dpr_seller I just signed up for the ebay developer. What I am trying to do is generate a token from within this program to link up my Ebay selling account to a tracking program called SKUGRID. I would need a production token right? They are asking for URL? where do I get? Would you know?

0 Likes"
@dpr_seller I just signed up for the ebay developer. What I am trying to do is generate a token from within this program to link up my Ebay selling account to a tracking program called SKUGRID. I would need a production token right? They are asking for URL? where do I get? Would you know?

dpr_seller avatar image
0 Likes"
dpr_seller answered ·
@mining4treasures23 My understanding is that you can only use sandbox token to put things on the sandbox site. I don't want to spam the production site with my API tests... But if the production tokens also work on the sandbox site, that would be good to know. Has anybody tried that?

0 Likes"
what is the difference between a production token and a sandbox token?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.