question

computerslikeme avatar image
0 Likes"
computerslikeme asked ·

Some of our users lose their subscribed notifications and we have to reconnect them.

When eBay sellers connect with our application we subscribe them to notifications. Increasingly over the last year sellers have become disconnected from notifications, which creates issues on our end since we no longer receive them. We can reconnect them without issue using SetNotificationPreferences. I'm looking at a couple possible causes. Hopefully someone can confirm one or suggest other places to investigate: * Sellers can have more than one eBay token, without ever calling RevokeToken on an earlier token * We do not always return 200 when receiving notifications. We will return a generic server error if the notification is not parseable. * We are on API version 785, whereas the latest version for notifications is 1127
notificationssetnotificationpreferencesuser notifications
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
simpleparteb avatar image
0 Likes"
simpleparteb answered ·
Unfortunately can't help you, but maybe you can answer a question for me? We have set up users with SetNotificationPreferences, currently using Platform Notifications. URL/Server set up, however the only push notification I've received on eBays side is a GetFeedbackResponse. Is there some sort of caveat with using the new Seller APIs and any of the notification platforms (I've attempted Client Alerts but no dice with this either)
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.