question

farchannel avatar image
1 Like"
farchannel asked ·

RESTful API: is there a way to find what API calls are available for the scopes I have?

Suppose I have a scope like ` api.ebay.com/oauth/api_scope/buy.marketing`. How can I find out which API calls require that scope?
scopesbuy.marketing
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
Hi @farchannel , To find items where bids are already place the 2nd sentence of getBidding says "You can also retrieve general bidding details about the auction, such as minimum bid price and the count of unique bidders, using the Browse API getItem method." Depending on the scopes isn't always the best approach. We purposely want you to see what APIs you want to use, then decide what scopes are needed. Just listing the scopes doesn't always give you a good idea of what APIs to use. For example getBidding uses https://api.ebay.com/oauth/api_scope/buy.offer.auction, but then you need Browse API for example to get the additional data and that is a diff scope. And yes we know search doesn't work, we just use google search but that isn't going to change anytime soon.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

farchannel avatar image
0 Likes"
farchannel answered ·
Appreciate the quick response, jourbandts! Nice to meet you. For background, I'm the eSnipe guy, but I'm new to the eBay dev game (my dev lead left). I am rewriting the whole site to use the RESTful API & OAuth2. A perfect example would be the documentation for getBidding at https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/buy/offer/resources/bidding/methods/getBidding. It says "This must be an auction where the buyer has already placed a bid." So where do I go if the item has already had bids placed? There's no mention of it on that page, much less any links to overview or detailed docs on such APIs. The ideal thing would be an API call that enumerates what APIs I can use with any scope I pass it. Bonus points for a list of headers required for each call. The next best thing would be documentation with a functioning search feature. And finally, a more fallible but still desirable thing would be manually generated docs that can point me in the right direction.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
HI @farchannel, Currently there is no way to do what you are asking. Although it is an interesting ask, what is the reason you are looking for such? When we architected the documentation this use case never occurred to us as usually people want to group by API, resource, and even fields.

farchannel avatar image
0 Likes"
farchannel answered ·
Thank you for the answer but it wasn’t what i asked.You just told me how to learn what scopes i have, I already know what scopes I have. What I want to know is, how do I find out what APIs require that scope?

sagar_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sagar_developersupport answered ·
HI @farchannel, Follow these Steps to Check API access to your account: 1.Login to ebay ([ developer.ebay.com][1]) 2.Select Application access keys as attached screenshot . ( http://prntscr.com/pfxwwo ) 3.Click on OAuth Scopes to check API access. Best Regards eBay Developer Support [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.