Hi, my query is getting status 302 back since today, and it was working properly for a long time until this morning even. I noticed that HTTPS will be enforced, but don't know if anything else is changed / need to change from my side. I use findItemsAdvanced, and just filter for category, keyword and country. Does anyone else having similar problem? What do I need to change? Thanks!
It would take some work, but using the PHP proxy is a way of maintaining our JS code for parsing the JSON response payload from eBay. It would just take some work to modify our current request, so that it goes to the PHP instead of directly to eBay. What I added to clickimusprime's code is the function wrapping, for when the JSON response payload is sent back to our current JS. It's more than a bug. eBay discontinued the JS callback functionality for the JSON response payload, without any warning and without any explanation. Certainly they are aware of these threads, and they still won't communicate with us about it. It's more than a bug. It's arrogant and abusive behavior by the eBay API developers. As @woog91 pointed out, you can put the term "callback" in your get-URL in a way that should not cause re-direct to 302. Such as "color=callback" .. in that case, the re-direct to 302 still occurs (whereas it would just say No Results for that request if there were no results for that request), so what the eBay developers have done is flag the term "callback," in any place in the get-URL, to go to 302 (such as how you would do a redirect in htaccess). Breaking the functionality was intentional.
Hi Vintage and Daviburto, Many thanks for your responses, highly appreciated. You have probably noticed I simply gave up attempting to annoy the EDP peoples, due to getting many strange sarcastic responses. Obviously they are in a mess down there on level 11. I admit I took a couple of days out and rewrote my Classic ASP code to use XML rather than JSON. It all works now. Funnily enough I attended an intense corporate Python course just last week where they were preaching to use JSON API's ahead of XML, as XML was outdated and complicated... it just goes around in circles, anybody can make an excuse with a valid example to back it up. My main issue all along was the EDP team not updating the developers on a major issue whereby the example they were presenting via the portal was out of date. Those poor new developers using the examples offered! The best of luck to all. Regards, Andrew