question

it_support_and_services avatar image
0 Likes"
it_support_and_services asked ·

Refresh Token

Is it possible to get a refresh token when creating a user token with the "Get a User Token Here" option? From what I can see, it only creates a User Token
tokenstoken renew
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered ·
Hi @hookedontronics , Can you please share with us your request body with the headers( masking your private data ) and parameter you are passing to make the call. Best Regards, eBay Developer Program

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hookedontronics avatar image
0 Likes"
hookedontronics answered ·
@krich_developersupport I am following all the step but i am still getting this error while generating the user Access Token. Can someone please help?

krich_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
krich_developersupport answered ·
@it_support_and_services Sorry but you cannot get a **refresh token** for a User access token through the eBay Developers Program site, you must follow the procedure here to get a refresh token: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/static/oauth-authorization-code-grant.html And I agree, the process is a bit complicated--You must first configure your RuName, then issue the consent request. This request should display a Consent page (hosted by eBay), and after consenting, grab the authorization code returned by the response. Lastly, you must use the code in a request to get the User access token, which returns the User access token and the refresh token. Hope this helps,

0 Likes"
it_support_and_services answered ·
@ankit_developersupport · I've just tried using it but it doesn't work. I get the error - "the provided authorization refresh token is invalid or was issued to another client"

0 Likes"
it_support_and_services answered ·
Thanks. I've gone through that procedure and got a token but isn't that an Auth'n'auth User token? I want an oAuth refresh token. This system is extremely complicated. I've been programming for 40 years and I don't think I've ever met a system as difficult to use or as badly documented as this. :(

ankit_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
ankit_developersupport answered ·
Hi @it_support_and_services, Yes, it's possible. You can follow the below steps to get a refresh token. To renew your user tokens without signing into your developer account, implement support to Get Tokens from your application. To update your token manually from within your developer account: 1. Go to the User Tokens page for your Production AppID, and follow the instructions to “Get a User Token Here”. 2. Choose Production as the environment and Auth 'n' Auth as the token type. 3. Click the blue-button to sign into eBay’s Production site. You will be redirected to sign in to eBay. 4. On the eBay sign-in page, enter the eBay username and password for the eBay member. 5. On the next screen, consent to allow the application to access that member’s data. 6. After you are redirected back to the User Tokens page on developer.ebay.com, you will see the token for that user. The token will not be stored in your developer account. You can copy the token and save it locally. The token will expire after 18 months. Best Regards eBay Developer Support.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.