question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

Why are the search results given by Finding API less than the actual number in ebay website?

I am using FindItemsAdvanced API to get the items under different leaf categories in womens' clothing in ebay Website. I am using aspect filters to specify these categories according to user choice. But the number of results are far lesser than those in the actual ebay site. In some cases, there are no results at all. What could be the reason? Otherwise my program is accurate. 

finding-api-ebay
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
rekha.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
rekha.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·

If you use the same parameters for filtering, the results should be similar, but not exactly the same count because of caching.  If you continue to see huge variations, go ahead and report a bug with examples of your call and the equivalent search url on the site:
http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.