question

davgonzale_2 avatar image
0 Likes"
davgonzale_2 asked

Response for getInventoryItems always has 0 results

I have an application which queries the User's ebay store, and returns their inventory. It is an application already in production, and which has a few users connected. The problem is whenever I request data from the Inventory API using this call https://api.ebay.com/sell/inventory/v1/inventory_item?limit=2&offset=0 My resultset is always zero ! { 'total': 0, 'size': 0 } No errors. No exceptions. Nada. I have already confirmed with the seller that they do have an inventory with items inside, and at one point a few weeks ago we *were* getting results back. But for some reason this has stopped working. I have resorted to using the old Trading API (GetSellerList) to get the seller's 'products'; and from this display an inventory. What should I do to get 'getInventoryItems' working again ? Please let me know if there is something I missed, or if there is something I can make more clear. Thanks for reading.
getinventoryitems
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ankit_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
ankit_developersupport answered
HI @davgonzale_2 , You can follow the below link I hope you will get your answer: Click here: [ https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/inventory/resources/inventory_item/methods/getInventoryItems][1] Best Regards eBay Developer Support [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/inventory/resources/inventory_item/methods/getInventoryItems

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davgonzale_2 avatar image
0 Likes"
davgonzale_2 answered
@ankit_developersupport I've already looked there but I couldn't find anything I was doing wrong ... could it be something down on Ebay API side ?

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered
HI davgonzale_2, Unfortunately at this time the Inventory API is ONLY compatible with the Inventory API. Meaning if an item was listed using any of the tools available via the UI on eBay.com or was listed using the Trading API, they will not surface using the Inventory API. Furthermore you cannot use the Inventory API to revise or take any other action if they were listed using another method. At this time to use the Inventory API it is "all or nothing". Also keep in mind if you were to start fresh and use Inventory API to list all items, those items are also not able to be touched by the UI or Trading API as it could "corrupt" the item.

aiquenr avatar image
0 Likes"
aiquenr answered
Hey folks, we've got confirmed from paid ebay support that the issue is on their side, they've marked the ticket as "bugfix", so we have to wait.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.