question

hadjgian avatar image
1 Like"
hadjgian asked ·

Slow Response Time of HTTPS over HTTP

Lately, I have tried to call the Finding API over HTTPS and I have noticed around a 500ms extra delay, due to the extra SSL handshake that does not take place in HTTP. I guess that would be perfectly fine, if that was happening only upon the first request, but it seems that no matter what every call on " https://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?" reinitiates the handshake, thus the extra delay. Is there anyway to avoid the SSL handshake in each call and keep the HTTPS connection open for the upcoming calls? Recently I have received an email from eBay, saying that HTTP service will stop functioning from October onwards, but currently the HTTPS is a bottleneck. I have tried to use the 'keep-alive' attribute in HEADER and play with the connection Timeout without any success. Any suggestions? Thank you, Johny
finding apihttpssslslowhandshake
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hadjgian avatar image
1 Like"
hadjgian answered ·
No one here to help?
·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hadjgian avatar image
0 Likes"
hadjgian answered ·
I call it directly through my app, which is hosted on a cloud server. But even when i access the url through Google Chrome I can see the SSL Handshake on every refresh (by pressing F12)
·

sanjeev_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjeev_developersupport answered ·
Hi @hadjgian, Can you please confirm from where your Finding API call are called?
·

hadjgian avatar image
0 Likes"
hadjgian answered ·
1. I am calling the following URL: https://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1? 2. It's the production that I am calling, not the sandbox.
·

sanjeev_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjeev_developersupport answered ·
Hi @hadjgian, Please provide us with the following details: 1. Can you please confirm which Finding API Call you are using? 2. Have you tried in Production Environment also? Best Regards, eBay Developer Support
·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.