question

marboo_4056 avatar image
3 Likes"
marboo_4056 asked ·

Sandbox: Official response required please

There are currently so many unresolved issues on the sandbox site. I don't need to list them all here as everyone is well aware of them. A large number of these issues are multiple years old now and showing no signs of any kind of resolution. I recently had to link a bunch of new sandbox stores to sandbox paypal accounts as this is a necessary step towards opening a store. The link from the sandbox account page was broken (and has been for the longest time now) so my only recourse after days of trying was to raise a premium support ticket. Support successfully linked my accounts but now the open a store link is also completely broken so I will need to raise a further ticket to sort this as well. On the ticket, I asked if there was an anticipated date as to when the issue was going to be resolved and this was their reply: *"Answering your question regarding the fix - Currently there is no timeline when the issue will get fixed yet. "* The issue I raised was just one of many unresolved issues and this response is simply not good enough for a company of eBay's standing. I've held my developer account for nearly 10 years now and the sandbox site was barely usable when I started and has gone downhill ever since. As of this moment, it is impossible to test any new development work for our application and also not possible to demo our software to potential new prospects as many calls to the trading api also fail repeatedly in use. Can we please get some kind of official response on this. (1) Are the current issues being actively looked into? (2) If they are, can we get some kind of idea as to when they might be resolved (3) If they aren't, can you give us some kind of roadmap as to when they might be (4) If the problems are unlikely to ever be resolved can you at least confirm this to us so we can explore other avenues in testing As a suggestion (this is the suggestions section after all) if the issues around the initial setup of a sandbox account with a basic store are unlikely to ever be resolved, could we maybe have some further fields on the sandbox account creation screen? (1) a text field 'PayPal sandbox account email' (2) a radio button pair to indicate if this is a business or personal account (3) a check box 'Create account with basic store subscription' (4) a check box 'Opt in and generate standard seller business policies' If these basic requirements could be generated at the initial account creation stage it would save so much time. The functionality is there as your support staff don't seem to have issues if you raise a premium ticket to get everything linked once the basic account is opened. I suspect this will fall on deaf ears as pretty much everything I've ever posted on here has in the many years I've been beating my head against the sandbox wall. Stuff not working is a pain but, as developers, we all get that. What is NOT OK though is the complete lack of communication from you guys.
sandbox not workingtrading-apisupportpaypal sandbox problemssandbox store
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marboo_4056 avatar image
1 Like"
marboo_4056 answered ·
The great wall of silence from eBay continues.....

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

madoats avatar image
1 Like"
madoats answered ·
This is good feedback. Can we please get some more information around linking sandbox Paypal accounts with sandbox eBay accounts. This is a blocker.

marboo_4056 avatar image
0 Likes"
marboo_4056 answered ·
Bump Bump Bump

madoats avatar image
0 Likes"
madoats answered ·
I think it's safe to say that eBay have discontinued support for the sandbox environment and encourage all developers to test in production.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.