question

capet94 avatar image
0 Likes"
capet94 asked ·

Shopping API limit exceeded for my IP address and no shopping API report option

Today I implemented an api call for GetCategoryInfo, under the Shopping API. However when I try to make the request, I'm returning the error ***Applications from this IP address are limited in the number of calls they can make.*** I'm not making calls close to each others, I wait at least 10 seconds. Despite that, the error still is there. I searched for the shopping API call limit, and the documentation says 5K per day. So I went inside my developer admin, under the report tab, to check if somewhat I passed that limit. Unfortunately there is no Shopping API between those options, so right now I'm stuck because I am receiving this IP exceeded error and I don't have any report for the shopping API. Should I wait until tomorrow?
shopping-apishopping apishoppingapiip limit exceeded
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Try it at 12:05 am US Pacific Time. That's theoretically when eBay's API servers reset the call quotas (well, at midnight, but a few minutes here for margin of error). You might need to reach out to eBay Dev Support to find out the root of the issue. Yeah, it's certainly a bummer they don't offer call usage reporting for Finding and Shopping APIs.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.