question

shoeware avatar image
0 Likes"
shoeware asked

403 Forbidden on Inventory API?

I am not sure what is happening, but I was creating a script for the Inventory API, and it was working , but now I am receiving an 403. I thought it was my script, but even when I go to the API explorer and generate a new Oauth token it is still giving me that response.
inventory apiinventory403
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ict-direct avatar image
0 Likes"
ict-direct answered
Same. This is very frustrating.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

funkjunkie_ibiza avatar image
0 Likes"
funkjunkie_ibiza answered
Same - but seems no one cares. did you find a solution?

sanjiv_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjiv_developersupport answered
Hi @funkjunkie_ibiza, 1. Can you please share the sample call request? Are you using an Inventory API call in the sandbox or production?

funkjunkie_ibiza avatar image
1 Like"
funkjunkie_ibiza answered
I was getting he 403 because I was using the application token and not a user token. However I can only generate the user_token within the developer program. It seems that you cannot do this programatically: $scopes = urlencode(" https://api.ebay.com/oauth/api_scope https://api.ebay.com/oauth/api_scope/sell.inventory.readonly https://api.ebay.com/oauth/api_scope/sell.inventory); $fileds ="grant_type=client_credentials&".$scopes; curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $fields); array (size=2) 'error' => string 'invalid_scope' (length=13) 'error_description' => 'The requested scope is invalid, unknown, malformed, or exceeds the scope granted to the client' (length=94) The scopes I am requesting are available for my account according to the developer program control panel. I am using this on Live environment. On a more general point I have to say that in general the whole developer program is not mature enough or any where near ready for production. The API documentation is a mess and contains broken links. Even this forum is unstable - when posting this message I spent 5 minutes trying to login. The navigation suggested I was not authenticated. When I clicked the login link the browser hangs "...waiting for forums.develoeprs...". I tried several times and then a page reload and I am authenticated. It is not the standard I would expect from eBay. This has been like so for 2 days at least. I guess there were high hopefully this program but finances dried up? It is a real shame because the API could open up a lot of possibilities - I imagine a lot of developer give up early in the process.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.