question

bed-center avatar image
0 Likes"
bed-center asked ·

Model is not allowed as a variation specific

I began receiving the error "Model is not allowed as a variation specific" when trying to revise items with a "Model" variation (update qty/price) How do I resolve this?
selling apilisting
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
cn-ltd avatar image
0 Likes"
cn-ltd answered ·

I too have the same problem, Ebay and their band of so called "Back Office" developers have taken 4 months so far with no update unless I contact them. I cannot add the "specifics" that Ebay are now demanding I add, I cannot update quantities available. In general as my stock on Ebay is depleted I cannot add further stock as I keep getting the error message "Model is not a variation specific" I have been advised to relist the items all 167 currently with some upto 30 variations but if I do that then I loose all the selling history on those listings.

In December I tried to add Parcelforce as one of my couriers, simple I thought. I followed the instructions supplied by PF and went through the process just like I did for DHL, Click and Drop and DPD. When the orders where not being uploaded to the PF portal I contacted Ebay only to be told that the problem was with PF and definitely not with Ebay. After a month of ringing Ebay and PF I was suddenly sent an email by

PF that stated that PF had been in touch with Ebay and Ebay admitted that PF had been blocked from uploading my orders to their portal "due to the fact that PF did not meet Ebay's GDPR criteria.

So I passed the book back to Ebay, despite 4 months plus wait, over 40 telephone calls and two letter of complaint to the Dublin office which were never even acknowledged I am still no further forward.

The whole scenario is absolutely disgraceful and there is no wonder Ebay are loosing sellers and buyers at a massive rate !!

·
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.