question

wiltronics avatar image
0 Likes"
wiltronics asked ·

Is it possible to update SKUs in the Inventory API?

I have a selection of products which require a change to their SKU. All of these products have previously been updated to the Inventory data model. While I am able to change other information such as their title, I haven't been able to update their sku. Is this possible without having to create new listings and losing watchers/views? Thanks
inventory apiskucustom label
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanjeev_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjeev_developersupport answered ·
Hi @wiltronics, Yes, you can update fields such as Title, Quantity, Price etc using createOrReplaceInventoryItem but you can't change SKU. Best Regards eBay Developer Support

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wiltronics avatar image
0 Likes"
wiltronics answered ·
Hi @sanjeev_developersupport I understand the compatibility problems with the Inventory API, I am currently using the Inventory API to update products, however there does not seem to be a way to update SKUs aka Custom Labels on products. The products in question were originally created using the UI. These have been converted to the Inventory API using bulkMigrateListing so we can update eBay directly from the POS software we use in our store. I can update other fields such as Title, Quantity, Price etc using createOrReplaceInventoryItem. If I attempt to pass a new SKU in the request payload, the SKU does not update and I can still only call the product using the old SKU. I'd like to avoid creating a new listing and losing views/watchers on a product that only requires a small change that affects the SKU. This was possible prior to converting to the Inventory data model. Is there any way to do this? Regards, Kathryn Web Developer Wiltronics Research Pty Ltd

sanjeev_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjeev_developersupport answered ·
Hi @wiltronics, The Inventory API is ONLY compatible with the Inventory API. Meaning if an item was listed using any of the tools available via the UI on eBay.com or was listed using the Trading API, they will not surface using the Inventory API. Furthermore, you cannot use the Inventory API to revise or take any other action if they were listed using another method. At this time to use the Inventory API, it is "all or nothing". Also keep in mind if you were to start fresh and use Inventory API to list all items, those items are also not able to be touched by the UI or Trading API as it could "corrupt" the item. Best Regards eBay Developer Support

ottostore avatar image
0 Likes"
ottostore answered ·
Hi, Can I ask a question about the Inventory API?.... I try to call the url ( https://api.ebay.com/sell/inventory/v1/inventory_item?limit=10) then response( Status:200): { "total": 0, "size": 0 } I'm confirm my token is correct, and I have a lot of sku in ebay sell's platform. Do you know what's wrong with my request?? This problem has been bothering me for several days. Thank you very much !!

wiltronics avatar image
0 Likes"
wiltronics answered ·
Anyone have an answer to this? Since migrating to the Inventory model prevents updating with the UI I don't seem to have any way to change SKUs

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.