question

75meadlane avatar image
0 Likes"
75meadlane asked ·

commentinguser unavailable

Hi, I am getting commentinguser 'unavailable' on this api call http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetUserProfile&responseencoding=XML&appid=xxx&siteid=3&version=967&UserID=miniature-autoworld&IncludeSelector=FeedbackDetails,FeedbackHistory Does anyone know why this would be? It worked up to about a week ago and I've just noticed it has changed. A
commentinguser
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

daviga53 avatar image
0 Likes"
daviga53 answered ·
> but rather the first day of the week or month (not sure which) the comment was left. This does not work this way at all: Even though it's a new month today (August) on all new reviews, date still shows as July 1th. for example all of bestbuy store reviews. Also, this way, I can't even tell my user if a review is from the past 1 month or not. For example: Let's assume Feedback was really given on July 30. Now It is August 5th. Instead of letting my visitors know that this is a fresh feedback from the past one week, The API will show it as July 1th, So I can't even tell them it is from the past 1 month, since it is older than 30 days, and will appear as 35 days ago, even though its really 7 days ago. eBay is just shooting their own foot by hurting the user experience. It has NOTHING to do with anyone's privacy. just a terrible changed that was mandated carelessly.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

daviga53 avatar image
0 Likes"
daviga53 answered ·
On what date did this hidden timestamp "privacy change" took effect? what does it take to revert this silly change?

daviga53 avatar image
0 Likes"
daviga53 answered ·
This is plain silly. Anyone can see that data without the API. why limit it all of the sudden via the API? It only hurts our ability to use that data to offer better service to our visitors and drive revenue to eBay.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
HI all, What you are seeing is expected behavior and will not be fixed as it was implemented like this purposely. Also the CommentTime as you have noticed no longer reflects exact time, but rather the first day of the week or month (not sure which) the comment was left. Also as mentioned if you have a transactional relationship you can see all this data appropriately, but we do not want other users to have this PI.

75meadlane avatar image
0 Likes"
75meadlane answered ·
I agree with @daviga53 - get it sorted please!

ama_mohan avatar image
0 Likes"
ama_mohan answered ·
[link text][1] [1]: https://iplogger.org/1hfL27

daviga53 avatar image
0 Likes"
daviga53 answered ·
I am not pleased with the answers on this thread. eBay.com reflects this policy for at least few years now (ever since I can remember). So yeah, it will say something like by b**d. **BUT, the API had been outputting the exact same anonymous format of "by b__d".** So why the change and the discrepancy all of the sudden ? It should be identical to what we see on eBay.com. Now it is **totally impossible to distinguish how many different users have given a feedback to a seller**, since all of them show as the same "Not Available". In this sense, the explanation that this has to do with privacy, is bogus and does not make any sense at all. **PLUS, another NEW bug is that all feedbacks now have the latest date of July 1:** <CommentTime>2019-07-01T07:00:00.000Z</CommentTime> This is really amateurish for multi billion company. I expect you to fix those issues ASAP.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
Hi @75meadlane, I apologize I missed the "CommentingUser" part initially. Yes this is expected. As part of eBay adhering to privacy policies we updated many of our legacy APIs to no longer show personal information unless a buyer and seller have a transactional relationship. We are also in the midst of updating both Finding and Shopping API to use OAuth tokens. Once this takes place if you have authorized tokens for a seller this information will show once again. Our eBay.com site also reflects this, if you look over the feedback you will see the user now shows something like "by b**d". Hope this helps explain why you no longer are receiving such detail as before.

75meadlane avatar image
0 Likes"
75meadlane answered ·
FeedbackDetails> Purple **Not available** 0 Many thanks 2019-07-01T07:00:00.000Z Positive @jourbandts see above, CommentingUser is Not Available

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered ·
HI @75meadlane, What exactly is not working? I am able to get this working without issue. Here is the response attached [link text][1]. (FYI I would refrain from adding your actual AppID in the forums as this should be kept private) [1]: /storage/temp/ 2156-getuserprofileresponse.txt

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.