question

ilovethesmellofbiddinginthemorning avatar image
0 Likes"
ilovethesmellofbiddinginthemorning asked

Price returned in API keeps changing for the same item

Hi everyone, this one is an odd one. Running a simple find and seeing the prices change (for the same items) every time I run the same search. Is there something up with the APIs at the moment? Example: https://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-VERSION=1.7.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=xxxxx&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=OUT%20OF%20THE%20SHADOWS%208&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=100&paginationInput.pageNumber=1 One of the items returned, 143290376479, comes back with a price sold of $650, but running it again, I get $850! Refresh again, the price keeps jumping between the two. Anyone have any ideas what's happening here? I see it with a whole lot of items during a search.
findcompleteditems
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
We just submitted our own paid eBay Dev Support ticket for this ongoing issue. Fingers crossed it gets looked at soon enough.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
ilovethesmellofbiddinginthemorning answered
Thanks @helios825 - I haven't heard back yet, so hopefully a few other tickets on the same issue might push this bug/change up a little.
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered
**Update:** Good news! I heard back quickly from eBay Dev Support, and the rep handling my ticket (I've actually met her at eBay conferences before) confirms that it's a bug. It's been passed over to the engineering team, but it's unclear how high they'll prioritize this issue, among competing bugs/problems they work on. So, we wait.
10 |600

0 Likes"
Wow, you must be a VIP @helios825 ;-) Well that's nice to know that they will sort it out. Thank you for the update. I've been continuing to test in a number of categories and it seems that some aren't affected, others see the price changing, and the rest are showing the incorrect price only regardless of search refresh. So, as you say, we wait :)
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
**I've been continuing to test in a number of categories and it seems that some aren't affected, others see the price changing, and the rest are showing the incorrect price only regardless of search refresh.** That's some interesting behavior there. Thanks for testing & sharing that. And I did metion this forum thread in my Support ticket, so it's conceivable a troubleshooting engineer might even read this thread and have that category variation clue them into the cause of the problem.
10 |600

fastaccord avatar image
0 Likes"
fastaccord answered
Hopefully this bit of info can help too. It appears that Best Offer items sold prior to June 13 are not affected by this bug. So, if there is an Engineer lurking (Hi!), if you made any changes to production after June 13th, you may be able to back track any issues from there.
10 |600

pjr0506 avatar image
0 Likes"
pjr0506 answered
@fastaccord I'm thinking it might be related to the Trading API bug I've been seeing for around a month now, as this is also only affecting best offer sales. See [here][1]. [1]: https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/30885/getitemtransactions-is-returning-a-null-transactio.html
10 |600

fastaccord avatar image
0 Likes"
fastaccord answered
Just checking in to see if there have been any updates on this from any parties? I am still noticing the bug with the BO pricing. Anyone else seeing anything different?
10 |600

0 Likes"
Hi @fastaccord, I've just had my ticket updated to "Waiting-BugFix" status and acknowledgment of the issue. At this stage there's no ETA but it has been sent to the appropriate engineering team.
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Not much to report here. I recently updated my ticket to alert them that some helpful clues to the bug were cited by ya'll here in this forum thread, and that perhaps the engineering team might find them useful. I heard back today that there's nothing new regarding a bugfix, except that the Support rep updated the internal bug tracker to note to the engineering team that a few more complaints about the bug came in. (Maybe that refers to other Support tickets on this bug opened by developers here in this thread?)
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.