question

krzyspiak avatar image
0 Likes"
krzyspiak asked ·

Shopping Sandbox doesn't work

Even in ebay's API Explorer if I try this it just sits there and does nothing. Prod version works. And calling from c# app I get: An exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in System.Web.Services.dll but was not handled in user code Additional information: The operation has timed out occurred http://open.api.sandbox.ebay.com/shopping?appid=XYZ&version=latest&siteid=0&callname=FindProducts&responseencoding=SOAP&requestencoding=SOAP again, prod version works fine in c# call.
sandbox not workingshopping api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Just use the Production platform when calling Shopping API calls. I'm not sure why, but eBay Dev doesn't seem to announce the fact that Sandbox is broken for Shopping calls. They're OK with you calling Production when making read-only calls, such as via Shopping, Finding, and Merchandising. It's cool... Just use Production.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.