question

sergarcia88 avatar image
0 Likes"
sergarcia88 asked

Search Results Discrepancy

Hi all, Having an issue with a project for a mobile app in Android. My app crashes due to a NullPointerException error and I think I've narrowed it down to the search results returned (the listings) not being of BuyItNow listing type. The peculiar thing though is that while I am currently using a ListingType itemFilter to return AuctionWithBIN enabled listings (ones where the buyItNowPrice field is present), the search results returned in the JSON response via Postman vs the listings returned by the app's API call differ from each other (although the request I am sending is EXACTLY the same). Although it would seem the Postman results are all buyItNow enabled listings, the listings being loaded by the app are not the same as I am expecting as per the verified request in Postman, hence the nullpointer errors. I have verified that the result listings returned to the app by the exact same API call used in Postman are not in actual fact BuyItNow listings (and are actually different listings altogether). The request is as per below: http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATIONNAME=findItemsByKeywords &SERVICE-VERSION=1.13.0 &SERVICE-NAME=FindingService &SECURITY-APPNAME=XXX &RESPONSEDATAFORMAT=JSON &RESTPAYLOAD &keywords=electronics &paginationInput.pageNumber=1 &paginationInput.entriesPerPage=10 &itemFilter.name=ListingType &itemFilter.value=AuctionWithBIN Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
finditemsbykeywords
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.