question

ocatcloudshops avatar image
1 Like"
ocatcloudshops asked

publishOffer returns errors - Brand and MPN are missing

Using the REST API I have created and Inventory item with brand and mpn set up correctly. I can verify this using getInventoryItem which returns ( I have shortened the JSON):- 'brand' : 'Schaudt', 'mpn' : '123456789', I then created an offer using createOffer endpoint and can retrieve the newly created offer using it's Id with the getOffers endpoint. But. When I try and publish the offer using:- https://api.ebay.com/sell/inventory/v1/offer/12345678/publish The API Returns two errors ( I have shortened the JSON):- 'errorId': 25002, 'domain': 'API_INVENTORY', 'subdomain': 'Selling', 'category': 'REQUEST', 'message': 'A user error has occurred. The item specific MPN is missing. Add MPN to this listing, enter a valid value and then try again.', 'errorId': 25002, 'domain': 'API_INVENTORY', 'subdomain': 'Selling', 'category': 'REQUEST', 'message': 'A user error has occurred. The item specific Brand is missing. Add Brand to this listing, enter a valid value and then try again.', Any help would be much appreciated Thanks.
publish offer errorerror 25002
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pupo1319 avatar image
1 Like"
pupo1319 answered
Running into the same problem. Tried trough setting them directly on the product, inside aspects, both, or with the corresponding "ProductIdentifierUnavailableText", but in any situation the offer doesn't want to be published. What else to do? rLogId: t6pitnmsgwj70%3D9vjdpitnmsgwj70*1%3D7%3F43%3E%29pqtfwpu%29pie%29fgg%7E-fij-16a79768576-0x44289

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wcgestalten avatar image
0 Likes"
wcgestalten answered
Hey, I am having the same issue. Would be nice to get help form some ebay dev supporters. Maybe @ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com would be able to help? :) rLogId: t6pitnmsgwj70%3D9vjdpitnmsgwj70*1%3D71%3B07%29pqtfwpu%29pie%29fgg%7E-fij-16aace52027-0x621e1 Thanks in advance.

pupo1319 avatar image
0 Likes"
pupo1319 answered
@wcgestalten, i fixed it by adding the requirement in the specific language. Since i was posting in Dutch, the requirement was "Merk" (which is Brand), so I added the key "Merk", with the appropriate value, to the product aspects and was able to successfully post the offer.

ocatcloudshops avatar image
0 Likes"
ocatcloudshops answered
Hi, I eventually fixed this by adding the Brand and MPN to the JSO as an element in the aspects array:- { 'product': { 'title': 'Solar Charge Controller Schaudt MPP LRM 1218 12V', 'description': 'The Schaudt solar charge controllers for EBL.', 'ean': ['4058149902996'], 'brand' : 'Schaudt', 'mpn' : '4058149902996', 'imageUrls': [ ' https://www.mysolarshop.co.uk/blahblah' ], 'aspects': { 'Brand': ['Schaudt'], 'Voltage': ['12/24'], 'mpn' : ['321039'] } }, 'condition': 'NEW', 'packageWeightAndSize': { 'dimensions': { 'height': 5, 'length': 10, 'width': 15, 'unit': 'CENTIMETER' }, 'packageType': 'MAILING_BOX', 'weight': { 'value': 200, 'unit': 'GRAM' } }, 'availability': { 'shipToLocationAvailability': { 'quantity': 10 } } } The specific bit of the JSON is this:- 'aspects': { 'Brand': ['Schaudt'], 'Voltage': ['12/24'], 'mpn' : ['321039'] } After that I could then publish offers using Id which I retrieved the getOffers endpoint. I have to say that working with the eBay API is far from easy. The docs are incorrect and worst of all the sandbox is almost completely useless. We have to develop against the live API which can be costly! We have built interfaces for SAP, Quickbooks, Sage, Magento, WooCommerce and many others using the official APIs. The difference between them and eBay is chalk and cheese! Hope above helps :-)

wcgestalten avatar image
0 Likes"
wcgestalten answered
Thank you two so much. @pupo1319 This was the solution for me. How can you ever come up with that idea that the api needs localized attributes too (docs tell explicitly that only values need to be localized but now the keys)?! :) @ocatcloudshops Thank you too for the effort. It's exactly what you said, only that the attribute names have to be localized (like the error message is too). I totally agree: working with the sandbox we stopped pretty quickly and the docs (and a bit the structure) of the api is a nightmare. I am surprised that I got any answer here since so many topics here are unsolved. Have a great day you two and thanks again!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.