question

globalike avatar image
0 Likes"
globalike asked ·

Call limits for GetMultipleItems is 2500 and not 5000

In documentation I read about 5,000 API calls per day for Shopping API. But I made cron job for 2 request per minute and after 2500 calls I have error: IP limit exceeded. Applications from this IP address are limited in the number of calls they can make. Why do I have a limit calls of 2500 ? Thanks!
limitsapi calls limitapi ca
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

steeve101 avatar image
0 Likes"
steeve101 answered ·
Thanks for your time @globalike! I was using an older version, I corrected it but same problem. :-(

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

globalike avatar image
0 Likes"
globalike answered ·
hello, resolved, just use API to last version ) i used more older and was 2500 now is everything ok

steeve101 avatar image
0 Likes"
steeve101 answered ·
The counter in the program matched the nomber of lines in the log file : 2500. I don't know why eBay return such a message : Applications from this IP address are limited in the number of calls they can make. Why not return : You reached your maximum call limit? That could be more intuitive.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
It kinda sounds like you guys are off by a factor of 2 and are thus calling the API twice per each count. Have you examined your code and/or counting methodology?

steeve101 avatar image
0 Likes"
steeve101 answered ·
I noticed the same behavior. Do you find a way to correct the problem?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.