question

artpran50 avatar image
0 Likes"
artpran50 asked ·

How to get the top active auctions based on specific category

Hello, In order to play with Ebay API, I want to build simple application that shows top 10 active auctions, based on predefined category. Important thing that I don't want to use any specific keywords as a filter, but only needed CategoryId. Here is high level plan of how I see this implemented: 1. Fetch all the categories using https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/GetCategories.html 2. Using any of category ids from the above fetch active auctions from specified category. I'm now sure here, but it seems that I need to use https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/finding/CallRef/findItemsAdvanced.html this call, and specify `ListingType = Auction` as a filter. 3. Somehow get top 10 from the response. Perhaps there is a way to filter auctions in the step #2 using `BestOfferOnly = true`? If not - how I can limit response with the most interesting/popular offers from given category (what other marketing metrics I can use)? Would you mind reviewing the steps above and comment if it's feasible and if it the best wait to do what I need? Thanks.
trading apifinding-apiebay-apitrading-apifinding apisearchebay-trading-apiauctionbest auctions
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
clickimusprime avatar image
1 Like"
clickimusprime answered ·
use sortOrder and select the one that corresponds to your definition of "top". Price and bid sorts are most likely what you want. BestOffer refers to making an offer on an items and is typically associated with fixed price listings, but it can appear on some auctions. It has nothing to do with ranking. If you click Field Index on the left side of the docs page you can select fields and click thru to an explanation of what they mean.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.