question

njsmith49423 avatar image
0 Likes"
njsmith49423 asked ·

Error "Invalid Duration" when changing item Category?

So, I'm attempting to put together an interface to maintain our listings, and one of the things we want to change (for various reasons) is the eBay category. The code I'm using works fine for editing other fields (title, brand/mpn, etc), but whenever I change the category, I get the following error: The duration "30" day(s) is not available for this listing type, or invalid for category "50590" I'm not revising the duration in my ReviseItem call, and we have other items set to Days_30 in that same category, so I'm not sure where the issue with the duration is coming into play. Any ideas?
errorreviseitemcategory
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
crhino avatar image
0 Likes"
crhino answered ·
You are getting this error because 30 day duration is no longer valid for the category you are trying to change to. eBay is moving to support only Good 'Til Cancelled duration for all fixed-price listings. Existing listings are grandfathered, but if you try to change the category on an existing listing, it triggers the duration validation, and 30 day duration is no longer supported. As long as you don't try to change the category, the 30 day listing will be honored until it ends naturally.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.