question

chris_auctions avatar image
0 Likes"
chris_auctions asked ·

Sub Category and Filtering on Extra Info

Sorry, just not finding in the docs how to actually search based on particular sub category. I'm using the findItemsAdvanced call. As an example, i'm trying to search Football Cards a subset of the Sports Memorabilia and Cards Category (#64482). IS there a way to search by subcategory? And i would like to narrow it down to several different years (ie 1970, 1971, 1972). I tried setting this on my api call but it wasn't working $apicall .= "&year=1975"; I can see also, if i go on ebay site, there is a selection in cards for an 'Era' but I just have no idea how to include that in my code. Any help certainly appreciated.
subcategory
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chris_auctions avatar image
0 Likes"
chris_auctions answered ·
Ok thank you for all your help. I was able to actually figure this out by including an aspect filter for year. Didn't realize that all the sub-categories actually have their own Category ID, which was the relevant information i was looking for, not the vague information that you provided. Have a great day!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
Category searching is literally mentioned in the first paragraph of the documentation. https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/finding/callref/finditemsadvanced.html For "years", you can't just make up parameters for the API, you need to use the documented parameters. In this case that would be "keywords", also in the documentation. Website features do not all translate to the API. The API has ItemSpecifics that do support some of the filters.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.