question

chris21788 avatar image
5 Likes"
chris21788 asked ·

GetSellerList returning my own items with another userid specified

So I'm seeing some unusual activity with the Trading API using the GetSellerList action. Making any call while I'm specifying ANY value results in me returning only my ebay items. I'm looking at pulling another users sellerslist, not my own. I've tried multiple API versions, but my script is using 871. Script was working fine on March 3rd, stopped working March 4th (started returning my own items). Has something changed with this api? Even using the page: https://developer.ebay.com/my/api_test_tool?index=0&api=trading&call=GetSellerList&variation=xml&env=production Still returns my own items (not the userid specified).
getsellerlistuserid
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
I'm not experienced with that API call, but a thought occurred to me: did your token (for the intended userID) expire on Mar 4th ?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kolt_roma avatar image
0 Likes"
kolt_roma answered ·
My Token is ok but I created a new one and the problem still exists

ohadaha5 avatar image
0 Likes"
ohadaha5 answered ·
Same here, the API docs say it should return a different seller if UserID is supplied but it seem to return only the authenticated user data.

styles4homes avatar image
0 Likes"
styles4homes answered ·
Same here. I'm using the latest .net SDK 1085

chris21788 avatar image
0 Likes"
chris21788 answered ·
Called into eBay and spoke with their Seller team. They've informed me that this is a known issue (regarding pulling other ebay members items back with a Gopher? search), but I had them add in using this GetSellerList object, and that it's ignoring the "" filter. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. My script doesn't function properly without it, and things are not getting updated properly. Who knows though if it got through to the right team. I just wish an eBay Support member could read my post and assure me it noted as a bug on their end. Phone calls just don't convey these issues properly.

bilbybaggins avatar image
0 Likes"
bilbybaggins answered ·
I'm running into the same issue, I was using the .NET SDK but even in the API Explorer I get nothing back when searching. Have tried several variants, different detail levels, startdate vs enddate and they all return only my information. @chris21788 did you ever get the issue resolved or worked around? Thanks!

outlawspeedshop avatar image
0 Likes"
outlawspeedshop answered ·
I had the same issues since the OP's post and I finally got our account manager to ask and I got this back: _______________________________ The UserID field is being removed from the request for the GetSellerList and GetSellerEvents calls. The calls will return seller listing information for sellers based on the token only. Users will no longer be able to pull listing information for a specific seller without first having their permission grant and token. If UserID is included in the request for these calls, it will be ignored by the system. ____________________ Currently I swapped to using the Finding API with ModTimeFrom in findItemsIneBayStores and its not as great as before but its better then nothing. Hope this helps others in finding a new pathway. Random Notifications: @bilbybaggins @chris21788 @styles4homes @ohadaha5 @helios825 @kolt_roma

pascakorda_0 avatar image
0 Likes"
pascakorda_0 answered ·
Is there still no way to get the sellers articles? It is still returning my articles instead of the sellers ones.

outlawspeedshop avatar image
0 Likes"
outlawspeedshop answered ·
@pascakorda_0 depends on if you can get the API Authentication for said seller. If you can you can still use GetSellerList **as long as you have the API Authentication of that user**. If you do not the API Authentication it will return your items. If you can't get the API Authentication for that user then you can use Finding API - https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/finding/callref/findItemsIneBayStores.html with ModTimeFrom in a e.g. 1-5 minute loop checking for new changes and build up a index over time. Not a great solution compared to what we could do before buts its better then nothing. Hope this helps you.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.