question

aaroesteba-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
aaroesteba-0 asked ·

How Do I Display The Total Results Number?

Hi, Say that I'm trying to return the total results for any given keyword as shown below: ![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/2010-totalresults.png What is the search string for this? I tried: " http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsByKeywords&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=MyAPIkeyc&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=flash%20drive%20128gb&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=1"; And when looking at the bottom of the page in the output, I see "totalEntries" which do not match the total that a regular ebay search shows. Would appreciate it if someone could show me the proper search string. THanks.
searchsearch apisearch-listingssearch-querytotalentries
totalresults.png (410.9 KiB)
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
from the docs: "Note: eBay site search results sorted by Best Match may not match the API search results sorted by Best Match. The site Best Match algorithm takes into account additional factors, such as user information, not available to the API. " HideDuplicateItems can affect the API response too.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.