question

thebigdude99 avatar image
0 Likes"
thebigdude99 asked

API Returns Many Items With Empty Images

Hi, We are using the findItemsByKeywords operation to retrieve ebay items. It works fine, however, many results are returned with an empty image in the "galleryURL" parameter, for example: http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/pict/04040_0.jpg When I check the item's page on ebay it has an image. Any idea why and how we can request items with images? Thanks!
imagesgalleryurl
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
You might need to ignore the gallery URL, and instead request more images with your API call (there are input parameters for that), and then scale down 1 of those images to use as gallery in your app/site. Another "hack" is to build your own gallery image URL manually, based on item# and some other details.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thebigdude99 avatar image
0 Likes"
thebigdude99 answered
Thanks for your help!! To get more images in my api requests, should I use "OutputSelector"? https://developer.ebay.com/devzone/finding/callref/types/OutputSelectorType.html Also, any idea how I can get more information about the product, for example the manufacturer (for example for Galaxy S7 it will be Samsung), or the model.. etc'? Thanks again!
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Yes, explore those various OutputSelector filters/options. I'm not sure about those Item Specifics you need, though. Maybe try GetSingleItem over in the Shopping API family, but I can't remember if that API call will help.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.