question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended asked

GetMyMessages in sandbox always empty; sending messages b/w 2 users not consistent with live eBay

I have been testing out the GetMyMessages and GetMemberMessages APIs from the sandbox and have had no success getting GetMyMessages to return any messages.  Then I tried to send/receive messages between a couple TESTUSER_ users in the sandbox, but the My Messages tab Inbox and Sent sections are always empty, despite sending messages between the two users, using multiple methods such as "Contact User" (tried both with and without an associated Item) and Ask a Question section for a listed item. I receive emails when a message is received by one of my test users, but it never shows up in the My Messages inbox.  If the recipient responds to the message, it says it was sent and will show up in the Sent box, but again, that box is empty.

I tested the exact same thing between 2 actual users on the live eBay site and the messages showed up in the Messages Inbox and Sent box immediately.  

Am I doing something wrong in the Sandbox?  As anyone else seen this issue?  Until I figure this out, I'm unable to integrate (and test) the GetMyMessages operation on my site.

P.S.: GetMemberMessages seems to be working correctly, it will return all questions asked via the sandbox, but there is data and usecases in GetMyMessages that I need that GetMemberMessages doesn't have.

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered

Hi

There is nothing wrong that you are doing in sandbox.

It is a bug at eBay side due to which the messages are not appearing in Inbox.

As you mentioned api seems to be working fine but UI is not. This is a known issue and our engineering team is actively working to resolve this issue.

I will let you know once the issue is resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Actually the API isn't completely working unless I'm not understanding how it should work.

GetMyMessages always returns an empty Messages response.

GetMemberMessages seems to be working, I get a MessageExchange for each Message I send to my test user

If GetMemberMessages returns data, shouldn't GetMyMessages (DetailLevel = ReturnHeader) return header data about the same messages as GetMemberMessages?

0 Likes 0 ·
$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered

edit: Responded to an Answer as another Answer by mistake, can't figure out how to delete this Answer.

InactiveAutoUser avatar image
0 Likes"
InactiveAutoUser answered

Does someone really looking at this?

it happens to me too!

vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered

Hi

Can you share the XML request (along with the test user-id) where GetMyMessages is returning an empty response so that I can take a look ?

Just FYI, here are some useful KB articles :

https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=2092

https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=410

Thanks

Hi,

Just to clarify,

When you access to the messages center (sandbox):

http://mesgmy.sandbox.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewMyMessages&guest=1&CurrentPage=MyeBayMyMessages&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK&gbh=1

its not showing anything cause GetMyMessages is not working returning 0 messages, while production works just fine.

furthermore, if you call GetMemberMessages, it does return messages, so its definitely a bug.

I will add the xml later-on..

when i'll have access to my projefct.

0 Likes 0 ·

NotificationEventTypeCodeType.MyMessagesM2MMessage Notification is now returning the following:

Message for given ID 445172 does not exist

while it did work (even the sandbox UI) last week.

now nothing is not working again, not the UI, notifications, getMyMessages api.

its almost positive that messages not being saved to your database.

just try sending messages though the sandbox, you won't see them in the 'Sent' folder, and you won't find them at the recipient inbox.

the notification body that i'm currently getting is:

<GetMyMessagesResponse xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">

<Timestamp>2013-12-13T03:06:03.775Z</Timestamp>

<Ack>Warning</Ack>

<CorrelationID>584608410</CorrelationID>

<Errors>

<ShortMessage>Message for given ID 445179 does not exist.</ShortMessage>

<LongMessage>Message for given ID 445179 does not exist.</LongMessage>

<ErrorCode>20118</ErrorCode>

<SeverityCode>Warning</SeverityCode>

<ErrorParameters ParamID="0">

<Value>445179</Value>

</ErrorParameters>

<ErrorClassification>SystemError</ErrorClassification>

</Errors>

<Version>851</Version>

<Build>E851_CORE_API_16556829_R1</Build>

<NotificationEventName>MyMessagesM2MMessage</NotificationEventName>

<RecipientUserID>testuser_shachar2002</RecipientUserID>

<EIASToken>nY+sHZ2PrBmdj6wVnY+sEZ2PrA2dj6wFk4GhC5WApA2dj6x9nY+seQ==</EIASToken>

<Messages />

</GetMyMessagesResponse>

0 Likes 0 ·
ilysobole-5 avatar image
0 Likes"
ilysobole-5 answered

truonngo-3 avatar image
0 Likes"
truonngo-3 answered
stupid ebay

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.