question

dilip3333 avatar image
0 Likes"
dilip3333 asked

ebay terms of use

I am developing a custom eBay app. But I don’t want to provide ‘Buy’ option due to some constraints.

So, in my custom app, when a user clicks on ‘Buy’ button, I want to redirect to eBay site for this product in an iFrame.

E.g. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Skyrocket-SGH-I727-16GB-White-Unlocked-Smartphone-/281082863325

In my custom app, I can get the item URL and redirect to eBay.com.

I want to know, is this a valid approach as per eBay Terms?

ebayterms-and-conditionpolicy-url
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered

I don't know for sure if you're allowed to frame eBay content (I have a feeling you're not, but I could be wrong).

You say using an iframe -- does that mean your app is a webapp at your website? If so, why not send the visitor to the eBay item in another window/tab? Better yet, register with eBay Partner Network and make that click an affiliate link to possibly generate a commission for you.

If you want to show them a small version of the item before they click, pull data from the Finding API and display promotional content yourself within your app -- like a simple gallery photo, item title, & price.

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.