question

9905hugo avatar image
0 Likes"
9905hugo asked ·

24 hours later and apparently over the API call limit

Hi, Receiving this error: {'errorMessage': [{'error': [{'errorId': ['10001'], 'domain': ['Security'], 'severity': ['Error'], 'category': ['System'], 'message': ['Service call has exceeded the number of times the operation is allowed to be called'], 'subdomain': ['RateLimiter'], 'parameter': [{'@name': 'Param1', '__value__': 'findItemsByKeywords'}, {'@name': 'Param2', '__value__': 'FindingService'}]}]}]} This is the first time I've developed anything for an API interface and this question does seem like a dumb question to ask but I'm stumped. According to https://developer.ebay.com/support/api-call-limits the Finding API has a daily limit of 5,000 calls per day. Not huge, but for now that will do. According to the log file for my application, at 20:15 UTC yesterday (19th Jan) it exceeded the call limit. OK, I'll wait for the next day and run the app again. Since eBay time is Pacific time that's 08:00 UTC so waited until after that time but got the same error - limit exceeded. This next thought seemed unlikely but waited until after 2015 UTC today (20th Jan) so there was a full 24 hours between successful calls, tried the app and still - limit exceeded. Am I correct in thinking that the counter will be reset to zero every night at 00:00 Pacific time? If so, then why am I seeing this error? Any insight to what is happening here would be appreciated.
finding api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
dealzplay-com avatar image
0 Likes"
dealzplay-com answered ·
You are correct in expecting the Finding API call limit to reset at 00:00 Pacific time, but... Lots of us are having issues with the Finding API either not seeming to reset properly on time, or the call limit is not renewed properly at the time interval, or some similar error. Please follow with an update since it has been a few days since your last post.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.