question

daviga53 avatar image
0 Likes"
daviga53 asked ·

API limit exceeded false messages. Second time this week. App is compatible.

Anyone else having these issues? It first happened with Shipping Call for Shopping API. I opened a ticket on the compatible app check. they resolved it after a day or two. Now all of the sudden this is happening with other Calls from Shopping API (but not with shipping call). Ridiculous. Am I the only one having this issue?
api-problemapi-limitlimits
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

daviga53 avatar image
0 Likes"
daviga53 answered ·
@sanjeev_developersupport @sagar_developersupport We are still waiting for your response. We now constantly get rate limit error. Our ticket on this matter was closed abruptly few days ago with no explanation (#200505-000009). Our company has invested top dollar in development of eBay's API related applications, and this issue affects our business. The application was explicitly approved as a compatible app long time ago, and has been working flawlessly, generating a lot of revenue and customers for eBay. Two weeks ago the increased API limits were revoked without notice. At first we thought it was a simple misunderstanding or a bug, but based on the fact that you do not respond to any of our inquiries, it seems like someone has decided to target our app on purpose. We urge you once again to resolve this matter today (Monday). If this doesn't happen we will reach out to Gail and Mazen. We will also bring up this matter the next time we attend to the eBay connect event.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

daviga53 avatar image
0 Likes"
daviga53 answered ·
Hi @sanjeev_developersupport, I am having this issue again, for the past 3 days. Last year when I posted this topic, the solution you offered was to give me another APP ID until the issue is resolved, and that's what we did. Can you please extend me another APP ID until a better solution come up? I am attaching a video screenshot of the issue, you can see I refresh the request every few seconds, and each time, it may or may not return rate exceed error: https://streamable.com/wb9y87 The relevant ticket is #200505-000009, but no response on it yet and my eBay customers can't make any purchases while this issue is ongoing. Thank you.

sanjeev_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
sanjeev_developersupport answered ·
Hi @dheeraj295, please file a app check ticket again. https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets

dheeraj295 avatar image
0 Likes"
dheeraj295 answered ·
Hello, I am also receiving similar error in Trading API: "Applications from this IP address are limited in the number of calls they can make". I can see in my developer account that I have not exceeded limit. Still I am getting this error. I contacted eBay support for app compatibility check and increasing API call limit but they have rejected saying that your API calls do not exceed 5000 calls/day. Any idea why I am getting this error. Best Regards

daviga53 avatar image
0 Likes"
daviga53 answered ·
I reported it via Compatible App check ticket. It got fixed only on Early Monday morning, I suppose since there was no one to look at during the weekend. It's unfortunate there's no one to monitor these things during weekends. I didn't pass any limit, seems like just another glitch, second time in a row that week.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
I'm not seeing the issue here, but definitely contact eBay Dev Support. Maybe they've been enforcing limits they haven't been before? (I think that kind of thing may have happened last year.)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.