question

schmiedmann-specialized-in-bmw avatar image
0 Likes"
schmiedmann-specialized-in-bmw asked ·

AddItem set rate table to item is not working via the API c#

I am trying to set the rateTable via the API but it is not working. When I want to create a new item, in the AddItem method, I set the ShippingDetails. Here it has a sub-object RateTableDetails. In this object I set the DomesticRateTableId and InternationalRateTableId and only those 2 values. The shipping Details object has the amount set, and the Shipping type is set as Flat. As I can see in the documentation these are the values that need to be set in order to connect a rate table to the item, I am also setting the ShippingServiceOptions, and PaymentInstructions, but I don't think these will cause the issue. After running the program, when I check the eBay website, I can see that all the items are created properly but there is an issue with the rate table. There is a drop-down in the shipping area of the item, but nothing happens when I select a country. I have to go to Edit/Revise item, under the Shipping details area and check manually the checkbox for "Use my rate tables", and only afterwards the rate table works for the item. Is there an option to set that value to true from via the API when creating an item? Or am I doing something wrong?
apic#shippingdetailsnot workingrate tablerate table c# api not working fail
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
schmiedmann-specialized-in-bmw avatar image
0 Likes"
schmiedmann-specialized-in-bmw answered ·
I found the problem. Instead of having: item.ShippingDetails.DomesticRateTableId = "123455677890" i changed it to item.ShippingDetails.DomesticRateTable = "Default ";
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.