question

grdem-76 avatar image
0 Likes"
grdem-76 asked

Question about Premium Support

I don't know where else to ask this question. There appears to be no unpaid way of contacting Ebay support. My question is ABOUT premium support. I've already purchased an hour of support. I was hoping to use live chat, because I have several small questions, and I think I could get them handled in an hour or less. However, live chat is "unavailable." I'm concerned that if I use the non-live system, then somebody will answer one of my questions, charge me for the minimum half-hour increment... then I will reply with another question... they'll charge me for another half hour, and then I'll have used up my hour. My questions depend on the answers to the previous questions, me trying something... etc. So: 1) When is chat support available? 2) Is it possible to have several brief interactions though non-live chat, without getting charged for a half hour for every back and forth? Thank you.
c#premium support
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
1) IDK. I've never used their live chat, if it's even still available. 2) Yes. They bill/deduct the time at the close of the support ticket, after everything's been dealt with. When you open your ticket, just say to start with that you have a few questions.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

grdem-76 avatar image
0 Likes"
grdem-76 answered
Thanks. I'll go ahead and give it a shot.
10 |600

daperk42 avatar image
0 Likes"
daperk42 answered
And how did this work out for you?
10 |600

pcrecyclerva avatar image
0 Likes"
pcrecyclerva answered
FYI - We paid for any hour of time and we've opened a bunch of tickets and they've never deducted the time. WE've always just had an hour of time. Honestly, it's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. No other company charges for basic support except these guys.
10 |600

daperk42 avatar image
0 Likes"
daperk42 answered
But did they answer your questions and/or respond to all the infrastructure problem the sandbox has (such as notifications not working, shopping cart broken, etc.)?
10 |600

grdem-76 avatar image
0 Likes"
grdem-76 answered
I bought an hour of support time. They quickly answered 2 dumb simple questions for me, and then when it got into the more nitty gritty part, they are just sending me links to official help documents that I've already seen. I've seen those, and I STILL have questions, which is why I'm seeking support. I've been charged a half hour so far.
10 |600

pcrecyclerva avatar image
0 Likes"
pcrecyclerva answered
So I've had decent luck with them, always depends on who the person is. They've also always answered pretty quickly. Sometimes they will send me a knowledge article and it helped. i've had a few times where it didn't. We gave up on the sandbox a long time ago as it just doesn't work at all. We basically test everything in production. We will post things here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/Test-Category-For-Internal-Use-Only-Parent-Level-2-/14112/i.html It says internal only but we use it all the time and they don't seem to care. Just make sure it's not a real item as we had someone buy a test auction once under our main user id and then leave us negative feedback because we would sell it to them. Use a fake account that's what we do. Also, these forms are a total bust, they will respond sometimes but it's usually weeks or months later. Hope that helps, I know your pain.....
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.