question

prapat19 avatar image
0 Likes"
prapat19 asked ·

Error while running api call for GetSingleItem

Hi, I want to get product description using API call and i am trying below call but getting error response = api.execute('GetSingleItem', {'ItemID': 999999999, 'IncludeSelector':'ItemSpecifics'}) details=response.dict() GetSingleItem: Internal Server Error, Domain: CoreRuntime, Severity: Error, errorId: 2000, Service operation GetSingleItem is unknown 'GetSingleItem: Internal Server Error, Domain: CoreRuntime, Severity: Error, errorId: 2000, Service operation GetSingleItem is unknown' {'errorMessage': {'error': {'errorId': '2000', 'domain': 'CoreRuntime', 'severity': 'Error', 'category': 'Request', 'message': 'Service operation GetSingleItem is unknown', 'subdomain': 'Inbound_Meta_Data', 'parameter': {'_name': 'Param1', 'value': 'GetSingleItem'}}}} any help will be appreciated. thanks, Pratik
python
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
You can use this call: hxxp://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?appid=______&version=833&callname=GetSingleItem&responseencoding=XML&siteid=0&IncludeSelector=Details,TextDescription&ItemID=302452761513 Also, you can change **TextDescription** -> **Description** to get the full HTML of the description. (I've changed http above to avoid forum problems with links.)

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

prapat19 avatar image
0 Likes"
prapat19 answered ·
Thanks. Do you have example on how can i make a call using GET call to get description?

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Errors like that are pretty broad, and probably mean some kind of syntax problem you are making in your call. Try simplifying your call, just for testing purposes, or make it via a URL/GET call instead of via an SDK.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.