question

gimbeljw333 avatar image
0 Likes"
gimbeljw333 asked

Developers Site Needs Help

The documentation on the eBay developers site suggests that everything is transitioning to RESTful APIs. I think eBay could do a lot better job making sure the RESTful APIs are all working as expected. I have found inconsistencies between the sandbox and the production environment working through the code to list an item and publish an offer using the Sell APIs. I have clients who are eager for me to integrate a "Sell on eBay" function within their eCommerce platform. Even if the Trading API is working, it's a different form of EDI and requires different code, and I don't want to have to write code twice if the older, XML based format is being phased out.
sandboxsell apiproductioninconsistent
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
My understanding is that it's eBay's intention to continue supporting their older API families (like Trading API) indefinitely. This was announced at their eBay Connect Dev conference last year, which I attended. I mean, nothing's certain of course. But that seems to be their plan.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.