question

gimbeljw333 avatar image
0 Likes"
gimbeljw333 asked ·

Developers Site Needs Help

The documentation on the eBay developers site suggests that everything is transitioning to RESTful APIs. I think eBay could do a lot better job making sure the RESTful APIs are all working as expected. I have found inconsistencies between the sandbox and the production environment working through the code to list an item and publish an offer using the Sell APIs. I have clients who are eager for me to integrate a "Sell on eBay" function within their eCommerce platform. Even if the Trading API is working, it's a different form of EDI and requires different code, and I don't want to have to write code twice if the older, XML based format is being phased out.
sandboxsell apiproductioninconsistent
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
My understanding is that it's eBay's intention to continue supporting their older API families (like Trading API) indefinitely. This was announced at their eBay Connect Dev conference last year, which I attended. I mean, nothing's certain of course. But that seems to be their plan.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.