question

Stitchlabs-dev avatar image
0 Likes"
Stitchlabs-dev asked ·

Do Item Revisions counts against item totals?

Hello,

I wanted to know if item revisions using the "ReviseInventoryStatus" call count against monthly item listing limits?

I've had a few users get this error message when making this call and I'm struggling to figure out why.

You’ve exceeded the number of items and dollar amount you can list.

You can list up to 20,000 items or up to AU $650,000.00 this month, whichever comes first. 

(http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/sellinglimits.html) Learn about selling limits or (https://scgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?UpgradeLimits) request higher selling limits.

Looking at their account they certainly don't have more than $650,000.00 in products....

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered ·

Hi

If you are making a ReviseInventoryStatus api call, you are either changing the price or quantity. If you are increasing the quantity of an item and if the seller is already reached monthly selling limits, you will not be able to do so.

The quantity will also be counted towards these limits. Also if any of the limits is reached i.e. by amount or number of items(keeping quantity into consideration), this is expected. It is not the number of api calls made but what you are revising that counts toward selling limits.

If that is not the case, it could be a bug at our end so please file a support ticket and provide necessary information(ReviseInventoryStatus request-response, sellers affected etc).

Thanks

· 3 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello,

Thanks for that information!

Is there a way to query the API to see where a seller stands in their limits? (How many items are listed, etc.)

0 Likes 0 · ·

Hello,

Is there a way to see where a particular account stands in their selling limit range?

Also, if a product is revised down in stock does that decrement from the overall selling total? That only seems fair....

Product A - $5

Product B - $10

Monthly Account Limit = $40

1. Product A - Qty 0 -> 2
  2. Monthly Account Total = $10
  3. Product B - Qty 0 -> 2
  4. Monthly Account Total = $30
  5. Product B - Qty 2 -> 4 (FAIL due to exceeding monthly account limit by $10)
  6. Product A - Qty 2 -> 1
  7. Monthly Account Total = $25
  8. Product B - Qty 2 -> 4 (Success)
  9. Monthly Account Total = $35

Does that scenario make sense? We have 11 accounts thus far that have hit listing limitations and have all asked for limit increases. Unfortunately our hands our tied on the  matter but the customers are getting frustrated with having to ask for all the limit increases. I'm willing to make code changes to facilitate anything I can on my side but due to the ambiguity of the issue it's hard to say what I can change. All of the stock increases/decreases are valid.

0 Likes 0 · ·

I screwed up the math at the end of that last response and didn't see where I could edit the comment, but I assume you get the idea.

0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.