question

tu_711 avatar image
0 Likes"
tu_711 asked

Javascript or server side for finding API calls

I am making an app for searching items (finding API). Obviously, it makes sense to use JS for speed/avoid unnecessary processing. Am i correct in saying the AppID is not private info? apart from the fact someone can grab it and exhaust my limit? does ebay API even allow (JS) requests from another domain?
finding
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Do server side. Otherwise some lazy programmer will just steal your appid, especially if you are approved for higher limits. eBay has no protections for IP or domain in place, you can't even get stats about IP/domain from them thru support. Setup a script on a server to do API calls and call that from javascript instead. Your script can make the calls and return the results or just the fields you need in whatever format you want, log, and cache results,
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.