question

smarter-phone avatar image
0 Likes"
smarter-phone asked

Cant find ePID. How should I search for specific brand/model product?

Hello, Our company would like to search for specific item and its prices. For example "iPhone 6". In API docs I found there is possible to search by ePID, but I cant finnd ePID for "iPhone 6". Neither in API responses, nor in eBay categories website. I think ePID for smartphones do not exist. Search by keywords dont help much, because if I search by "iPhone 6" I will get also results for "iPhone 6s" and "iPhone 6 plus"... but I dont need them Then how can I search for what I need? Thanks in advance
search-apiepid
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Really strange... clickimusprime posted a really awesome and helpful answer in this thread this afternoon, but it's suddenly gone. Not sure what happened.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
I did an edit and it got thrown into moderation. At that point they never come out because the mods are asleep at the wheel. Part of the reason I don't post here much anymore.
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Oh. That sucks. Yeah, I've read about that happening to others too. (Might've happened to me too, without me knowing it.) Did your edit include a link? Someone suggested simple embedded links cause the shift to moderation queue. If true, we can no longer embed helpful links to eBay Dev docs, etc. I should still have your original post in my email. Shall I re-post it?
10 |600

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Found it in my post history. It claims I sent it to moderation. I was trying to edit the epid numbers to show them in xml response format and having some issues with the forum formatting: Product ID is returned by findItemsAdvanced only when a product is used to list an item. e.g. 203708342, 233752960, 241025652 For the iphones, "iphone 6" is not a unique product. There are many different sub models that have unique UPC codes and may or may not have IDs in the eBay product database. e.g. at the moment, of the first 200 items, only 4 include productId values. So your pricing search would be missing most items. ProductID (EPID) is not a reliable search method and they have a long way to go to get it there. If you have the UPC, you can search by that using the keywords= parameter. This is more reliable and easier to work with and covers more items. A little more than half of the items that have UPCs also have ProductIDs. But it is still the case that a large number of used items won't have UPC either.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.