question

express-goods-usa avatar image
1 Like"
express-goods-usa asked ·

Suddenly unable to revise listings using the ebay website for Inventory API offers

For some reason starting today, we are finding we are unable to revise any listings using the Ebay website for items that were created through the Inventory API. We used to be able to easily revise items this, for example to change quantities or title, etc. Now we get this message: It looks like there's a problem with this listing. Inventory-based listing management is not currently supported by this tool. Please refer to the tool used to create this listing. Any idea how we can get back to being able to revise listings normally?
inventory api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Like"
express-goods-usa answered ·
Wow, that is an awful decision. The correct decision is you should fix your UI/frontend systems to be compatible with the new APIs. Otherwise what you're forcing is for every one of your developers/sellers to spend time/effort/money developing their own internal systems to allow their employees to be able to do everyday tasks such as update an item's quantity or title or photo. Which is a completely ridiculous ask. I mean really, look at Amazon's Seller Central. It has easy to use UI/frontend that allows the sellers to update/tweak their listings, whether they were originally created through the UI/frontend or through the MWS APIs. If we had known this when we started developing for the Inventory API, we definitely would not have chosen that and would have developed our system to work with the older APIs. We will now be forced to reevaluate and may switch back rather than have to develop a whole bunch of additional internal systems to allow our non-technical employees to be able to make updates to our listings. @curtis_developersprogram

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

privetbay avatar image
0 Likes"
privetbay answered ·
It's awful! Make it possible to edit lists using the web interface! Why is this not where you pee? Ebay - you jokers!

topiabeauty avatar image
0 Likes"
topiabeauty answered ·
I'm not a developer and I'm editing inside a single listing; why am I getting this error?..! Also, is there anyway to save existing listings that have edits? I would hate to lose the couple of hours I spent on this listing

karmaelectronics avatar image
0 Likes"
karmaelectronics answered ·
We are in the same boat. Spent a lot of time and money only to realize the only easy way to edit our listings would be to program that functionality as well at a huge added cost. Ebay, @curtis_developersprogram, very much hoping you take note and fix this asap.

parts_rescue avatar image
0 Likes"
parts_rescue answered ·
The key question for the developers would be to understand if/when they expect the web interface to sync with the API inventory models. I attended the June 2017 Developers conference in San Jose. Developers there said you should never update inventory created with the API's with the web interface because those changes are not reflected in the API objects. The only way to get web based revisions back into the API is to migrate it again. This is what Curtis is saying. So I would consider it a good think that they finally locked out the web front end. I had eBay making changes to my listings that weren't showing up in my inventory objects and that was causing me problems so glad they are stopping that. We were told at the time that it was their intent for the Bulk Feed, API, and the Web to all sync but at that time only the Bulk Feed and API could sync. I have that in my notes but I don't recall who presented at the time. I am surprised that it is a year later and someone using our app can't also use the eBay web interface. I don't think we can market an app for other sellers to use until that is resolved as no seller would find it acceptable to lose access to the seller hub tools. They did have a beta for a seller hub web interface that would show the inventory built using the API. I tried it a few times a year ago but it never worked well for me. Maybe that is further developed? When I go to the beta link now it just redirects me to the normal seller hub where I still can't see inventory unless it is actively listed.

ginzaxiaoma avatar image
0 Likes"
ginzaxiaoma answered ·
@curtis_developersprogram Hi, I can't find the inventory I created with the Inventory API in Merchant Integration Platform (MIP). How do I manage it?

kayaqb avatar image
0 Likes"
kayaqb answered ·
@express-goods-usa is right. We're in the same boat. If we had known that the new Sell API would have so many problems, we would have opted for the, older, stable API. @curtis_developersprogram maybe you or someone else from eBay can help with the following issue: https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/28285/ebay-new-sell-api-duplicating-listings.html We have been left with listing which can not be updated since the UI block. The new Sell API is duplicating listings for us and leaving the original listing unchanged and now the UI is blocking us from updating manually. This is very urgent for us. I also have a premium support ticket open but those guys are extremely slow at replying and not much help.

curtis_developersprogram avatar image
0 Likes"
curtis_developersprogram answered ·
Hi @express-goods-usa and others, The UI change is by design. The block applies only to listings that use the new inventory model (i.e., inventory location, inventory item, and offers), instead of the item model used by the Trading API and the current web flow. The change was made, because the two inventory models are not compatible. The change prevents listings from being inadvertently corrupted. If a listing/offer is in the new inventory model, it should be managed by the Inventory API or the Merchant Integration Platform (MIP) only. Listing management methods for old inventory model: - Trading API - File Exchange - Site UI Listing management methods for new inventory model: - Inventory API - Merchant Integration Platform (MIP) The initial UI block is limited to listings/sellers associated with a couple of specific applications, but eBay plans to expand the scope to provide more widespread protection. Regards, Curtis, eBay Developers Program

ginzaxiaoma avatar image
0 Likes"
ginzaxiaoma answered ·
Same question. Is this a bug or an updated strategy? Can the authorities reply?

0 Likes"
express-goods-usa answered ·
Ok, well glad it isn't just us. Please post if you find a resolution, thanks!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.