question

thetarpits avatar image
0 Likes"
thetarpits asked ·

API call limit question

I recently requested app compatibility to increase an API call limit. After going back and forth several times answering all questions they closed my ticket saying i wasn't near the current 5000 limit in the past 6 months so they are denying me. The problem I have with this is - I was clear that this was not in production yet and would have much more load. I didn't want to blow through the upper limit with usage only then to have it shut down then ask for a review - but i am seeing this is the process? If your history predicts your future then how can anyone get an increase in API limits? My question is do i just release the code and let users slam it until i reach the maximum to request an increase? How does one throttle use like this then? I don't want to purchase ebay support help if i'm going to get the kind of support help i received for this app check so am asking the dev forum how to go about this? Do I release whatever code i want then wait and ask for an increase? I'm utterly stymied now... Any helpful guidance would be appreciated.
api-limit
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.